Where to start?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulSmithTek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am from Utah and I would love to become a Public Safety Diver. Does anyone have any ideas as of where to start. I know that it is ran by The Sheriffs Department.

Hi Paul

Try doing a search first, this question gets asked almost every week -- if you had a more specific question...

Someone really should con Gary into writing an article on this that could be a "sticky" at the top of the forum.
I think he's the best man for the job *nudge-nudge*:wink:

A lot of Sheriff's offices have "reserve" deputies. Basically unpaid or "volunteers". Our sheriff's office uses these to supplement their rank and file. I would go to the sheriff's office with a resume and let them know what your experiance is and that you would like to become a reserve deputy.

Just my .02

PaulSmithTek:
I am from Utah and I would love to become a Public Safety Diver. Does anyone have any ideas as of where to start. I know that it is ran by The Sheriffs Department.
Get ahold of the local team and the Sheriff's department and see what they require.

Anytime they can add someone outside of a sport field into the ranks is a good thing.

Here is their web site: http://www.slsheriff.org/html/org/sar/join2.html

Good luck

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom