Where to stay at sipadan (luxury)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V_kids

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

i'm going to sipadan island for the 1st time on march 15-19 2007
i will be travelling alone.
Can anyone please help me to decide which resort to stay at sipadan??
i want luxury one :)

I planning to do some muck dive at mabul as well ^.^
thx you in advanced for the information

Andree

I stayed at Kapali last November. They have terrific muck diving right in front of the resort. Excellent facilities and accommodation.

unknown.jpg

You can see Sipidan in the background on the right.

Yes Kapalai is very nice - a popular place and great location set right on the water. Note that is is built on a sandbar so there are no opportunities for romantic strolls around an island.

In fact it is not 'the' top end resort in the area. Mabul Water Bungalows are the highest end you can get. Unlike Kapalai they have satellite TV, huge balconies etc and are also built over water but connected to Mabul island so you have the option of either doing the water bungalow thing or the beachy thing.

Dont get me wrong Kapalai is great...just a little less luxurious than Mabul Water Bungalows.

Either way you will be enjoying the underwater luxury of Sipadan so you can't really lose. In fact I am going to Kapalai for a couple of days on Sunday - Yay!

Signature link may be of interest if you want to know more.

g'day

stayed in kapalai during october last year, the place is amazing. I also travelled alone, which is think is good because you get to meet many people that way because you don't stay in your comfort zone and just hang with your partner/friend.

Note that most of the chalets are twin share. I was lucky in the fact that it wasn't peak season so i had a whole chalet to myself. The staff and the service are fantastic. it really is no-brainer diving. the only thing they don't do is put the reg in your mouth for you, but i'm sure if you insisted they can do that too, and maybe push you off the boat too if you're too lazy to roll back.

for example i'd get one of the divestore boys to come wake me up in the morning (coz id sleep), i'd get up, jump on the boat, and that's it. all my gear is already set up and waiting for me on the boat. a comfortable 28 degrees (celcius) of water means i didn't even need a wetsuit.

anyway, i think its luxurious enough for most people. if you want some photos of the diving/resort let me know.

a.

You want luxury - easy - Sipadan-Mabul Resort in the overwater bungalows. I have stayed there many times - in fact I will be there in a few days. Great overwater location, large decks, air conditioning, satellite television, mini-fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, private restaurant, private bar, pickup for diving virtually at your door, also the shore dives are done from the end of the jetty - which is where the water bungalows are located. If you want to explore the island then every bungalow has 1/2 bikes that are dedicated to your use.

DontLieToMe:
You want luxury - easy - Sipadan-Mabul Resort in the overwater bungalows. I have stayed there many times - in fact I will be there in a few days. Great overwater location, large decks, air conditioning, satellite television, mini-fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, private restaurant, private bar, pickup for diving virtually at your door, also the shore dives are done from the end of the jetty - which is where the water bungalows are located. If you want to explore the island then every bungalow has 1/2 bikes that are dedicated to your use.

Agreed = I have stayed at Mabul Water Bungalows, Kapalai, Sipadan Water Village and Borneo Divers. Mabul water bungalows was in my opinion the place with the nicer rooms and by far the best food. They also give you a bicycle to get around the island and you can go to SMART resort if you want a change for dinner (same owner).

For the word luxury, I'll just vote for SMART water bungalows :14:
price rating from high to low = SMART water bungalows --> SWV water bungalows --> Borneo --> Seaventure
I've been there twice, Seaventure and SWV. I do think SWV is not well money spending if compare to SMART, Seaventure isn't the luxury one you are looking for, Borneo is pretty good but can't describe as luxury.
If I would go back there the third times, I would go for Kapalai coz it's just one step to jump out to the water for snorkeling from your bungalow terrace :D another reason is no mosquito at all.

Back
Top Bottom