where to stay in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knives

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for some personal recomendations of where to stay in Bonaire. All the resorts and dive packages are very close in price....
I am wondering where have people stayed and how was it?

Hi Knives.
I have stayed at Sand Dollar, Buddy Dive, Wannadivehuts and Golden Reef Inn and have been in several other resorts like Capt Dons, Lions Dive (now owned by Buddy)and Hamlet Oasis. I would/will go back to any of them in a minute. I know Natasha likes the Plaza and if she say it's great, it is. Bottom line, there is almost nowwhere on Bonaire that's bad. You just have to determine what you want- upscale or budget, on the water or off, close to town or a little ways out and go from there. My personal choices are Buddy Dive if I have a bigger group and know how many are coming along early on and Golden Reef Inn or Wannadivehuts if I am going with just my wife or don't have a clue how many people want to join me. If you can narrow down your wants/needs I can narrow down the choices.
You may also want to join us on the Bonairetalk board. Lots of great people both on island and around the world. Anything you want to know about Bonaire can be found there if you search or ask. www.bonairetalk.com

I have a trip going in Feb if you are interested in joining in with a group.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=112956&highlight=bonaire

Thanks Herman , that helps .
I will check out the talk board.
I am going with a small group and not sure if we wnat to be close to town or not...we are diehard divers and basically want to dive, eat and sleep....

I was incredibly impressed with Plaza Bonaire. Diving your backyard and easy access to tanks (including free NitrOx) and boats in the front yard made this my favorite place. I am looking forward to next year!

knives:
Thanks Herman , that helps .
I will check out the talk board.
I am going with a small group and not sure if we wnat to be close to town or not...we are diehard divers and basically want to dive, eat and sleep....

Let me expand on "close to town". Almost no resort is more than 3 or 4 miles from the center of town. Instead of "close to town" a better term may be "easy walk to town". There is plenty of free parking downtown so driving and finding a place to park has never been a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom