Where to watch NBA Finals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samplin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Maybe not on SCUBA topic.

We are going to be on the island on Tuesday which is the sixth game of the NBA finals.

We are staying at the Landmark and would like to know the best way to watch the games.

I was thinking about bringing my Apple TV and trying to logon from the condo.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could watch the games at the condo.

Hopefully there will be games and not just the final game.

Can't advise on Apple TV, but if it doesn't work out you could head to The Red Zone, No Name Bar, or Casa Cuzamil.

Maybe someone else could verify these options as I've not been on the island since late 2018. I understand that Kelley's is no more. That would have been the answer before.

Idk specifically but you may need a vpn to log on and get the game on your pc as you do with streaming services. Best bet is to find a sports bar with the game on. There should be plenty of options.

I have a VPN. We have both been fully vaccinated but still feel uncomfortable. In crowded places. Will try the Apple TV.
Sounds like most folks are wearing masks.
Thanks for the replies

Find out the internet speed at your hotel.

We were there a few years ago and my son streamed the World Series. Might be even fast today.

Can't advise on Apple TV, but if it doesn't work out you could head to The Red Zone, No Name Bar, or Casa Cuzamil.

Maybe someone else could verify these options as I've not been on the island since late 2018. I understand that Kelley's is no more. That would have been the answer before.

FYI: I believe Chris (owner of The Pub, that was downtown , then moved to Villa Blanca for a while ) re-opened The Pub in the old Kelley’s location about a month ago. I haven’t been there yet. Not certain of the layout/availability of sports games on TV. I used to watch them sitting at the bar at Kelley’s—not ideal during COVID but there may be other ways to watch than sitting at the bar.

Just to be clear for those unfamiliar with the old Kelley’s , it is an open air patio style bar:restaurant. However if you are sitting elbow to elbow next to stranger at the actual bar coviid clearly might be a valid concern Not looking for debate , just passing along info.

We feel the same way about bars. I think we will try every way to watch it in the condo.. Manager said that there was WiFi and I am going to bring my Apple TV and Airplay from my iPhone if I can get a decent speed.
Thanks everyone for chiming in to help.

I think this was clear to most people based on the discussion (and many already knew), but a lot of US streaming services don’t work well in Mexico if you try to stream directly. Netflix works fine , Hulu doesn’t, Amazon prime only works for certain Amazon owned content (<1 percent of the titles) , not sure about Apple and the other services. VPNs can be useful for tricking the services into thinking you are connecting from the US as opposed to Mexico. I think even using VPNs is not guaranteed to work since some services don’t like it , but most people seem to be OK if they have the speed. Like the US, speed can be a function of where you are on the island. I get much better speed in Cozumel than in small town USA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom