wheres yours.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblemonkey

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
where do you have your knife?

Of course, when I was 14 I had the "Seahunt" knife on my calf - waiting patiently to be attacked by secret underwater agents or a giant squid. As I matured, I moved to a smaller knife and carried it on my forearm. Now, I have a small blunt tip knife on a hose mount. I also carry a "Z" knife on my BC shoulder.

I carry two. A knife on the waistband of the BCD and a pair of scissors in a pocket.

Another handy place to carry it depending on your BCD is on the shoulder strap. (if you want to see a picture let me know).

Give you some ideas?

R..

Diver0001:
I carry two. A knife on the waistband of the BCD and a pair of scissors in a pocket.

Another handy place to carry it depending on your BCD is on the shoulder strap. (if you want to see a picture let me know).

Give you some ideas?

R..

please show us

i likewise have a small blunt tip...but not really sure where i should have it. last time i mounted it on my hose.

Now wait a minute... He didn't ask anything about the shears!

i have a small cressi knife that i want to mount on the shoulder/ BC hose so any pics would be great.

I loose a knife a year, so know I have my knife, and sheath clipped off to a loop of shock cord in my dry suit pocket.

Mike

Ok,

Here's a picture of a Tusa knife attached to the left shoulder strap of a Pro QD.

The D ring makes a convenient attachment point and the tie-wrap stops it from floating up.

The knot I used to tie it on can be taken from This website.

If the sheath of your knife doesn't have an attachment point like this one does then you'll have to do something about that. The options you have are modify the sheath, make a new one out of webbing or permanently attach a small ring to the sheath if you can.

If your BCD is missing this D-ring then you can try modifying it to add an attachment point by sewing (carefully, think about the bladder) a small bit of thin webbing onto the strap.

Give you some ideas?

R..

Diver0001:
Ok,

Here's a picture of a Tusa knife attached to the left shoulder strap of a Pro QD.

The D ring makes a convenient attachment point and the tie-wrap stops it from floating up.

The knot I used to tie it on can be taken from This website.

If the sheath of your knife doesn't have an attachment point like this one does then you'll have to do something about that. The options you have are modify the sheath, make a new one out of webbing or permanently attach a small ring to the sheath if you can.

If your BCD is missing this D-ring then you can try modifying it to add an attachment point by sewing (carefully, think about the bladder) a small bit of thin webbing onto the strap.

Give you some ideas?

R..

thanks for sharing R...got an idea i'd be trying

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom