Which agency TDI vs UTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ginger bear

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi ,recently I am thinking a bout taking my first cave course however, the problem is I can only find the agent that teaching in TDI system , but the place I might hug out with is UTD therefore I bit confused what different between those tow system , also if I were TDI certificated cave diver will UTD admitted ?

Please don't focus on the agency: focus on the instructor and only the instructor. Realistically, you will live or die by how well you learn from your instructor. Agencies don't certify you, instructors do.

So, where do you want to train for cavern or cave? I would suggest North Central Florida aka "Cave Country" where can find @kensuf, @Capt Jim Wyatt, @Jill Heinerth, Pam Wooten, Edd Sorensen and Reggie Ross. Mexico? Natt Gibb and others come to mind.

What type of instructor do you want? Patient or militant? All of the ones I listed are super competent and have tons of cave time. They love what they do and it shows. Others may have other recommendations.

With TDI you have to see who the instructor is as the agency has a very large pool of instructors. Some are great and some are not so great. UTD has a very small pool of instructors and it is not easy to become instructor through them so a certain level of instructor proficiency is given.

Not sure who the TDI instructor is but UTD is doing some major cave exploration projects in China. These I believe are restricted to UTD divers only so based on the limited information you have given, if I was to take a pick I would go with UTD.

The OP shows their location as China. Cave Country in Florida USA may not be an option for them.

GUE (Global Underwater Explorers) also has a presence in China and offers high level cave training.

thank you guys, yep, difficult for me to travel to us take the course , but I'LL go to Phuke and taking courses with a diver shop named blue label , anyone have idea with them ?

Quite a lot of activity surrounding the SCKPP, specifically focused on cave exploration, in China.
Non-UTD divers have participated in the project too, but I think it makes a lot of sense to at least get in touch with one of the UTD cave instructors with any questions you may have, and consider their anwers.

Here's a video from the SCKPP:

thank you guys, yep, difficult for me to travel to us take the course , but I'LL go to Phuke and taking courses with a diver shop named blue label , anyone have idea with them ?
I have dived with Ben from Blue Label Diving. Great guy who has done some serious cave dives. He his very experienced and skilled.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom