Which Dive Op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepup

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to nassau in June for my honey moon and I was wodering if anyone had any reccomendations for which dive op to go wih while I am down there. I am planning on diving for 2-3 days. I preferrably like to dive wrecks but I will enjoy diving anything. I am wanting to get some input so I can try to look at a few on the internet before I go and maybe already have one picked out before I go. Thank in advance.

Hi Stepup,

AFAIK, there are currently only 2 dive ops in New probvidence Stuart Cove's and Bahama Divers. (Sadly, 2 other long established ops have gone out of business in the last 3 years or so.)
SC is located at the far end of the island from Nassau, but they do pick up from the various hotels. I dove with them for the first time last Aug., and it was okay. SC is set up to handle the maximum # of divers, but I wasn't thinking "cattle boat" on every dive. They are a slick, well run operation.
While I have no direct experience with Bahama Divers, I think that they are a smaller op, located closer to, if not in, Nassau.
If you do a search, you'll probably find a good deal of info about both ops.

Good luck,
Mike

Mike is right. Bahama Divers is located at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island. Stuart Cove's is on the south side of New Providence. They have twice daily pickups in/around Nassau and Paradise Island. Those are your only two current choices except for private charters.

General Bahamas diving info: http://www.bahamasdiving.com/

stepup:
Has anyone ever dove with the sandals resort dive group.

Sandals is a great place to vacation and try a taste of what diving might be, same category as Club Med, etc.

It is not a dive resort.

So you would hook up with one of the other dive ops and not just use the one sandals has. I mean I will pay for good diving if that is what it takes. I figured that he sandals dive op would be geared toward kids and people who were just diving while o the resort. If I am wrong please correct me.

stepup:
I figured that he sandals dive op would be geared toward kids and people who were just diving while o the resort. If I am wrong please correct me.

You would be correct.

There is a good chance that the sandals people ARE the people from one of the other dive ops on the island. We stayed at Atlantis last week, and the in house dive op was run by Stuart Coves. We dove with SC, and they were great. On the afternoon dive Chang and Tara really catered to my "resort course" non-certified wife. She had a fantastic time.

In a way I was kinda hoping for a panic attack or something, cuz now I have to buy her a bunch of scuba gear!:shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom