Which dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luvs2playy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. I have booked a trip to fly into West Palm Beach and will stay at Lake Worth August 25-30. My gf and I are looking to dive and wonder which dive shop to use. Any help would be great.

Just went out with Starfish scuba last week in Boynton Beach and thought they did a great job. Also dove with Calypso Divers in Rivera Beach and liked them too. Have also gone out with Underwater Explorers but couldn't make it work for us this year but have liked him in the past. Nearly all the boats will not go out with less than 3 divers so you cannot count on going out every day unless you stay on top of it. Also, the Goliath Grouper season is coming up and some boats may be going to more challenging sites than you may be ready for. You really need to talk to the operators to insure you go out and you are happy with the dives.

So it sounds like I may need to have a few dive shop options to ensure we can dive each day. We are hoping to get a solid 3 days of dives.

We arrive Friday before noon and leave Wednesday close to noon.

Force E is a very established shop that doesn't own a boat but can get you on many of the boats that operate in Palm Beach County. They essentially act as a broker. If you're worried about cancelled trips, they can help ensure your on a boat that has enough demand.

Unless weather prevents it, Jupiter Dive Center and Narcosis go out most of the time

Jupiter Dive center has 2 of their own boats directly behind their shop. They run out at 9 am so the 2nd trip goes much earlier than most. Equipment is first rate and you will enjoy seeing the bigger stuff in that area. I have been on most of the boats numerous times and prefer their operation.

You can I'M me more for more detailed reviews or I may even join you on the dive.

So far.. I've not found a place to dive out of on Friday the 25th. We could be ready to splash by 3pm depending on location etc. Also, Monday I think we may do the blue heron bridge but that is close to noon so want to find another dive for after that. Looking to do a couple of night dives. I've got 2 days of 2 tank dives for the weekend but that isopen to change if I can find more dive possibilities.

Keep an eye on the ever changing weather reports. Could be messy. Force E is the place to call as they have connections to quite a few boats.

Heading to Key West this weekend and hoping to get out on Saturday.

Goid Luck

You'll likely have issues with your schedule. Maybe Force E can help you sort it out and maybe not. Most boats go out at fixed times...... usually 8 or 9:00 in the morning and if they run afternoon trips, usually 1:00. I don't know of any that run custom times like 3:00.

There used to be a shop called Hypnautical or something similar that would run custom times if you could fill the six slots: don't know if they're around anymore or not

Keep an eye on the ever changing weather reports. Could be messy. Force E is the place to call as they have connections to quite a few boats.

Heading to Key West this weekend and hoping to get out on Saturday.

Goid Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom