which Dry suit

which one of these dry suits ? would you recomend

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you in the water with a body, it should be decontaminated. You wouldn't handle a day old body in the woods without rubber gloves on then eat without washing your hands would you?? ;^*

The main reason I didn't add Viking and USIA, is because couldn't find a dealer even remotely close.
You wouldn't buy a car without seeing it first,
Yes most of the water we dive in is just fine.
But when a car is in the water or a body in waters it’s considered contaminated water. yes may not be the most contaminated water but still , white told me both of these suits will suit our needs biggest difference in one can be decontaminated inside and out . This is why we use the full face masks with positive pressure and gloves .as one stated earlier: ditch diver stated
“If you in the water with a body, it should be decontaminated. You wouldn't handle a day old body in the woods without rubber gloves on then eat without washing your hands would you?”
I know there full hazmat suit is very very thick and stiff , where the ENVIRO isn't as thick and stiff , , talked to Charlotte fire department today they mostly use the ENVIRIO suits and are very happy with them , we was thinking of maybe getting two full hazmat suits and eight of the
Whites Enviro Com 10 is about 600 to 1000 cheaper. Any more ideas please post.

On dead line as we doing this on state matching grant so has two more days before have to order to make production dead line. Thanks chief kamer Carthage rescue

I'm not familiar with the Enviro personally, but what you are proposing would work. You could use the Enviro's for water deemed 'mildly contaminated' and save the Hazmats if it is more serious. That is similar to what we do, only on a larger (federally funded) scale where we use Viking Pros and Whites Hazmats for mild contaminates and Viking HD with mated collar and Superlite27s for the truely gucky stuff.

Use your Enviros for everyday, save the Hazmats for those dives that you need them. They'll last longer and when you need them there'll be less chance of leaks or holes because they are not getting trashed on dives where an Enviro would do

we've been using DUI CF2000 for about 10 years or so and have been very happy with them.... they hold up to zebra mussles in Lake michigan better than the Vulcanized rubber, and decon hasn't been an issue, they are a tough suit and hold up to a lot of diving

why won't they work fr public safety diving? they'vework well for us for a long time. we had the viking's before and they leaked a lot and were very easy to puncture. seems to me the crushed neoprene has a lot going for it.

Viking or similar, the only material that can be truly disinfected.

Viking or similar, the only material that can be truly disinfected.

that is not exactly true, other types just take a little more work. but if you tear or puncture your vulcanized drysuit you will get all sorts of contaminnts on you..... how are you deconing your FFM, and BCD? you are looking ar a ton of cross contamination there.

DUI's web site has a good article on it, and they put on a great contaminated water class too..

for me if you have swift water or around sharp objects (broken glas or twisted metal) I'd be more willing to take toughness to avoid punctures and tearing over easier decon.. thats just me your mileage may vary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom