Which drysuit boots for shore entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you could only have one, would it be the 3s or the 4s? I am able to find both for sale online.
The EVOs are rock solid. Great for that walking around. IIRC, they were originally designed as boots for naval SF. But I can't do a frog kick in mine. I had to go to Chucks.

I just use a pair of black Chuck Taylors with my Fusion Bullet. I considered getting the Fusion boots, but I like having my boots separate from the suit. That way I can roll up my suit when done diving and not have to worry about getting sand, grit, and dirt all over the suit. I got my Chucks on massive sale at a discount shoe store. I don't have ankle instability issues, so they are fine for me. Not sure how they compare to the Evo 4's, which I also considered getting, in terms of support or grip, but I haven't slipped in mine. I might consider a different boot when these wear out, but for now they work great.

I just use a pair of black Chuck Taylors with my Fusion Bullet. I considered getting the Fusion boots, but I like having my boots separate from the suit. That way I can roll up my suit when done diving and not have to worry about getting sand, grit, and dirt all over the suit. I got my Chucks on massive sale at a discount shoe store. I don't have ankle instability issues, so they are fine for me. Not sure how they compare to the Evo 4's, which I also considered getting, in terms of support or grip, but I haven't slipped in mine. I might consider a different boot when these wear out, but for now they work great.

Have you considered changing the laces to bungee cord with a lacelock to tighten/secure?

My wife is most likely going to get CTs for her drysuit and I was wondering if the bungee idea is worth pursuing.

-Z

I used plain thin bungee for laces on my CTs. Worked pretty well.

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom