which el-cheapo ultrasonic cleaner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey

I'm in need of some advice on ultrasonic cleaners, i have to start servicing my own gear as the guys at my LDS are being complete c*nts and they are the only dive store within a 4 hour drive lol

so i'm buying tools and equipment, i'm currently looking at these 2 cheap "Chinese non brand" ultrasonic cleaners
LATEST MODEL Professional ULTRASONIC CLEANER 750ml 2006401
Professional DIGITAL ULTRASONIC CLEANER 70W 1400ml 2006402

the biggest difference is the tank volume and the input power. I'm leaning towards the 70w 1400ml model but just want advice/info on them or other ultrasonic cleaners

cheers
hitchy

I personally purchased an ultrasonic cleaner from Sharpertek. I have had it for 7 plus years, without one issue. It is twice the price of the 70W, 1400 ml, but if you were to purchase it, you wouldn't be replacing it and spending three to four times as much over the long run.

FWIW: I found that iSonic appears to be a distributor (they say manufacturer) for several ultrasonic 'brands'. The Harbor Freight model, as well as the majority of brass reloading companies' (Lyman, Hornady, etc) machines are all iSonic models. They're probably made overseas but iSonic appears to be an American based company.

iSonic's website has these models listed under commercial (or industrial?) due to the capacity (2+ liters), but they're still plastic exterior. The data says they have 'industrial' transducers, and some of the larger ones have 2 transducers.

It looks like they all have 1 year warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom