which faber tank to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fortunately, I can get cave fills. Thanks LJDS.
Right. When i lived in key largo my AL80’s got 3k, my lp85’s got 3k and my HP’s got 3k it’s all most of the tank monkeys could do!

I'll add another vote for the galvanized, definitely a better finish. I've dove the Faber HP 100s as both single and double tanks. I'm 5'10" and they trim just fine for me.

I've dove the hp100s by multiple manufacturers including faber. They are the "go to" tank for doubles around here since your options of getting a cave fill in the lp85s are remote or impossible. I don't think I would suggest them for wetsuit divers as you'd be a bit heavy and not-balanced. LP85s can still be balanced in a modest wetsuit.

I prefer the non hot dip galvanized version. The new "painted" Faber cylinder's distributed by XS scuba are 3x zinc sprayed(Galvanized) and epoxy and polyurethane painted. The inside of the cylinder looks like a teflon pan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom