Which fins should I buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chongming

Registered
Reaction score
Hello people-with-gills (or they wished they have)at least not till Christmas.

There is a chain of local retailers having a big sale on diving equipments. I am planning to buy a pair of fins (sort of an upgrade for me). Here's a list of fins and their respective prices:
Dacor Panther: US$ 46
Tusa Imprex: US$ 45
Mares Plana Avanti X3: US$ 45
and some other fins all 40% of 'normal' prices.

And can anybody tell me why people buy full-footed fins? Any real differences besides not needing additional cost of the booties?

Thank you!

I dive with the TUSA Imprex fins and like them just fine for recreational diving. And $45 is not that bad of a deal on your first set of fins.

....a pair of the Mares Plana Avanti X3 and don't like them a bit. If you have legs like Hercules they might be allright. I recommend split fins if you can get them.

Chongming(Dynasty),

Originally posted by chongming
And can anybody tell me why people buy full-footed fins? Any real differences besides not needing additional cost of the booties?

The simple answer for me and me alone is: comfort and convenience. I have not used full-footed fins for a while, but there is a set in my closet. My younger son won't even take them for free!

I like being able to walk around the boat without having to put sandals on. I like the fit of the fins around my booties--seems more comfortable than sockied or bare feet. I like having booties on when I am reboarding the boat after a dive.

There are probably some other reasons that will justify the added expense, but I am hard pressed to think of them now...

Joewr

Hey Chonming...

Full footed are not adjustable, and if anything breaks (which they will) they are t-rash. Also, if you do a lot of spring diving like mois, then you sometimes have to wade upstream with your gear on... the rocks do wonders on bare feet... and bear feet do wonders on me... :tease:

Doc,

You're pushing hard! You cannot just run around lifting puns at will! No way! I cannot bare it any more!

Joewr

All pundits gather 'round...

It's time for the First annual non-celebrity

Scubaboard PUN-OFF!

Scotty, put yer phazers on "Pun"...

:tease:

All you non-combatants, better pun fer da hills...

'Cause it won't be punny...

Kinda reminds me of that o'l football saying...
"When in doubt, Pun!"

(I could go on (and on) but I might get kicked from the board...It would be a harsh pun-ishment!)

So sharpen your pun-cils, and someone fire the first salvo!

This sounds fun, but before we launch, we had better pun lightly, otherwise KN or Mario might slap the dreaded "Pun Tax" on us!

(some roomates and I actually imposed this. The rule was that when a pun was made, the others would rule on just how good or bad the pun was. If it was deemed bad, they also ruled on the amount of tax that had to be added to the fishbowl. At the end of the month, we usually had enough for a house pizza party)

Hmnnnn, sounds like I might need a "Pun Doctor" to make them at least sound good... Hmnnn... PunDoc just might work if I ever have to change my nick... Its just simply punderful!

:tease:

PunDoc,

I hate to be wun who puntificates, but these cereal threads full of puns are not fun, sun! By the time I am eating my serial tomorrow, I want you to stop this run--be dun--no more, close the door, for shore (well, this is a scuba board).

TejasMiguelito:

A frat rat? I should have guessed! You sounded like you went to college, but that something was missing--as Dubya's (thank you "the original BLT(not the sandwich")) dad would say, "the education thing".

Joewr (the enforcer)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom