Which gloves for OS Systems Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robertarak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A very nice ScubaBoarder is sending me some OS Systems rings to try on my zip seals. Which gloves are the best to use with those rings? Atlas 495 maybe?

Best glove, best price, best place to buy (Seatle Marine, I bet) would be great.

Thank you!

I *hate* the 495s (and all lined gloves; they're way too big, especially in the fingers, and the included liners aren't very warm, and smell like sh*t after a short while). Get yourself some 660s or 620s and pair them with your own independent liners. SM is your cheapest option: something like $3.30/pair for the gloves. For liners, hit up REI (or if you just want a cheap wool option, a commercial fishing place).

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The 660s and 620s are unlined. The 495s are too, but they come with those worthless yellow liners and the glove is cut way too big to accommodate them. There are other options still with liners actually sewn in, and those are the worst of all. Everyone I know is diving 660s or 620s with quality liners they've picked up elsewhere.

Good luck and enjoy your new dry gloves / rings. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom