Which is better suited for twins - the Transpac II or OMS IQ?

Which is more stable for twins - OMS IQ w/BP or Transpac II w/o?

• OMS IQ with BP

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Transpac II without BP

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt once bubbled...

Nope...turns out his chad was hangin'...

BTW...there is, at this point, 1 vote for the TPII...who could have possibly voted for that...lemme see... :)

It is a worthless poll. But, most of these polls are worthless.

Uuummmm...
I can not vote as i have not tried OMS, i did have a go with a back plate (Custom Divers) which had 300 bar twin 10's which was very heavy and the webbing was set up for dry suit and i was wearing wet so that was also an unfair comparison.I have recently tried mt TP II with doubles and all i can say is it works but if i got heavier tanks and used stages i would put my wing on a back plate but i can not see this for a few years yet.

My 2 pence..

MAL...

Looks like this guy answered your question a while back:

Quote from Scuba446:
(snip)"I have an OMS IQ with SS BP and bungee wing and like it alot. I like the way the SS BP fits into the padded back of the IQ harness and provides a solid, stable (and weighted) harness system"
(snip)"I almost went the Dive Rite Transpac II, but wanted something that when I go to twins, will be solid and stable with all that weight."

Original

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom