Which is the "easier" dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dantheengineer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Both Dives are great! Both dives are part of a two tank package.
The shark dive is easiest for weighting because you've got to over weight to keep you on the floor for a half hour. (also so the sharks have been known to knock folk over)
They take you on a wall dive first before the shark arena. You didn't ought to over weight on that! it's 6500' deep!!
They do give you ample chance to perform a weight check before you actually submerge.

Go to the North shark wall for better pics. Bright Yellow sand floor as a back ground looks really cool! Go to the South shark wall for a closer experience. The north they place you about 30' from the feeder, i enjoyed the south dive Sunday just past and i was about 8' from the action.

The Lost Blue hole is normally the first of the two dives since it's deeper. If you can, go in the morning. divers kick up silt and with no current in the hole it just hangs. To my mind, it's worth the extra $20 to say you've dived a blue hole but frankly it's not as impressive as the drop off wall by a long shot. (Particularly when followed by a very shallow reef dive when you're already concerned with your buoyancy.) And then you've got the shark experience right after!

Hope this helps. Either way i reckon you'll have a great dive!

Dan

The shark dive with Stuart Coves or the Blue Hole dive with Bahama Divers?

I ask this because we're coming from 7mm suits and steel tanks to 3mm suits with aluminum tanks. I'm thinking the first dive may be more cumbersome, from a buoyancy perspective. I wanted the first dive to be the easier one to make sure we have ourselves weighted and trimmed and correctly. Thanks all!

The shark dive at Stuart's is rather easy. You will go down to the arena which is around 50 fsw and either kneel or lay on the bottom. They do require that you be fully covered in noeprene. I had to rent a full suit from them because all I had with me was a shorty.

I can not speak to the blue hole, have not done that one but I have heard that it is good.

Neither dive is difficult... I dove both the week before last. It was cold watching the sharks on the second dive with Stuart Cove's. I don't think I would dive with Stuart Cove's again, too crowded, but the shark dive neat to see.

Not much to see in the Blue Hole. There were a few sharks snoozing just off the reef on the second dive. If you do the dives with Stuart Cove's first, you'll enjoy the diving with Bahama Divers even more. I enjoyed the dives with Bahama Divers better and my wife had a great time with them doing her AOW.

I wore a 7 mm full suit.

John

Just back from doing the shark dive with Stuart Cove's (full review here).

Yes, Stuart Cove's is crowded, but the dive was a lot of fun... check out the video here. Wore a 7mm torso / 5 mm arms rental wetsuit (you can't do the dive in a shorty)... definitely worth doing, even if you dive elsewhere for the rest of the week.

Hey Doc,
Am I correct that a SC person films the dive for sale to customers? How's the film? How much? Thanks, again.

Yup... that's their video on my site, click here to see it...

(I edited out pretty much everything that wasn't me and converted it to Flash for the Web).

They have a number of packages, I bought one that had 8 still photos and the video (about 30 minutes long) for $100. The photographer/videographer was great, he was sure to get everyone and it came out well. No obligation to buy, of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom