Which island??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

panz

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

We are planning a November trip to the caribbean. My husband and I are experienced divers and lived on St Kitts and have dove in the south pacific.

I am wondering if anyone could recommend a dive destination/accomodations in the Caribbean. We are looking a place to dive, but also relax! We tend to prefer a nontouristic location.

Thanks!

This time of year Barbados is nice. Lots to do above the water. I just posted a trip report. Do a search...

Best Carribean diving I've done which compares to South Pacific is in Turks and Caicos. Grand Turk or Salt Cay specifically. The sites are wall dives and they are close (15 minutes average) to land. Whereas, Providenciales sites are around 45 minutes average. I'd check the weather before booking any trips though, since that's just out of hurricane season.

Other than that, I hear that the Cayman Islands and Bahamas are nice, although you would have to get away from teh main islands to get the non-touristy vibe. Happy Diving!

Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. Diving at LC is spectacular, at the Brac a little less so. It's about as non-touristy as you can get. Not much to do except dive and lie in a hammock and read. There are a few things to do, but no shopping to speak of, no ATV tours or booze cruises. Little Cayman Beach Resort is excellent. Divi Tiara on the Brac was good, but is sadly closed now, which doesn't leave much except Brac Reef Resort, a sister property to LCBR. We are going to Brac Reef in February. Accomodations on both islands are nothing fancy, but nice enough.

I second the recommendations for Little Cayman and/or Turks & Caicos. Best Caribbean diving I've ever done by far. Whats your budget?

Back
Top Bottom