Which Kayak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyseko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations on which one would be best suited for scuba? Just curious.....this could be a purchase consideration in the future.:)

Any recommendations on which one would be best suited for scuba? Just curious.....this could be a purchase consideration in the future.:)
Johnny, next time you are down here, let me know... we will put the diveyak in the water at VB, or move east and to the second reef from LBTS :14:

I'm not sure how to start a poll, but I would like to do one with all of the most common brands/models of kayaks that we use. Those wanting opinions of different yaks; pros, cons, etc. will see what we have chosen for our own yaks and be better prepared to make a purchase decision based on what we have learned through trial and error. I'd like to include all of the Ocean models suited for diving, Cobra fish n dive, and other Cobras anyone may own and dive from, Sevylor diveyaks, and Hobie yaks. If anyone can think of others that are common enough that more than one diver will own one, please chime in.

[hijack]
I'm not sure how to start a poll, but I would like to do one with all of the most common brands/models of kayaks that we use.
Create_a_Poll_A.jpg

Create_a_Poll_B.jpg

This should give you some pointers...​
[/hijack]

ok EL, I guess i'm not as computer savy as I'd like to be.....I can't figure out how to set up the poll!

ok EL, I guess i'm not as computer savy as I'd like to be.....I can't figure out how to set up the poll!
Phone +1 (407) 745-1428

Trained Administrators are standing by to take your call now...

Good...I thought it was just me:D I checked the poll box, but the thread looked like any other.

ok there are two new polls set up. one for kayak preferences and another for naming the forum. Have fun!

I'll post in the poll but I thought I'd post here also to give you the advantages & disadvantages to my yak. I have a Cobra Fish/Dive.

Advantages:D

-very stable
-will carry up to 600 lbs.
-has tons of inside storage as well as a rear tank well
-you can purchase an adapter & equip it with an electric motor. (not real practical for diving but, something you might do for fishing)

Disadvantages:shakehead:

-bulky
-heavy, 52 lbs.

If you search the main Conch forum with the word "kayak" or "kayaks" in the titles of the threads, you will find a couple of really excellent long threads. Those very threads helped me select my Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Edition!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom