Which Komodo liveaboard operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarcharodonCarcharias

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the one that operates a small boat (4-6 ppl max?) and has a pretty stringent requirement on the amount of dives that one has to have before he/she is allowed to join the liveaboard? I thought it was the scuba junkies but its not. I cannot remember the name. Anyone knows? Tks!

T

Thanks Mike! How are you doing? Hope you are doing well.
all good here! Hows things with you? Did you get a hold of the boat?

all good here! Hows things with you? Did you get a hold of the boat?

Not yet. I am still debating given that their boat does not offer a/c in the cabin. I am by no means a big fan of a/c but I do need a cooler temp to get a good sleep. But I am looking to do a Komodo trip in the summer though.

We just got back from Komodo (Sept) on the Sea Safari VII. Interesting area to dive. Wild swings in water temperature depending on where in the area you're diving. mid 60's to low 80's water temp. But the Sea Safari VII was a bit past due on dry dock upgrades. Great crew, the boat just needed some work. We had 18 in the party if memory serves.
Have fun and enjoy the dives. LOTS to see, cool dives, some current but well worth it.

The Wellenreng and Manta Mae liveaboards both have capacity 6-8 pax with a/c cabins but are on the $$$$$ side. I've not been on either so can't attest to quality of boats or operations and their diver requirements, just posting for further info

Back
Top Bottom