Which local shop for OW cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you live dt, IDC's probably your best bet - getting to ocean quest or the edge before they close on a normal day of the week is going to be painful unless you leave dt at 4:30, with all the traffic. IDC's open till 7 most nights.

You can't really go wrong with IDC, Ocean Quest or the Edge though. All fine shops.

I do like that OQ lets you try all the stuff they sell first, I just bought a new undergarment and they offered me to use the staffs personal gear before hand. Just go back to all 3 and pick the one you feel most comfortable with, you can't go wrong. Once done you can use all 3, I do because they all sell different stuff(brands) so it's good to see what else is out there before you buy. I just bought a suit from one, and an undergarment from the other(not because of price but different brands). I would recommend giving OQ at least another chance before you write them off, I have been very impressed with them, but I have with the other 2 stores also.

All the recommended shops are good but you may want to take your Fiance with you so she can get a feel of the shops before starting a class.

Thanks everyone for recommendations. We will go to some of these, including OQ again and see how things go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom