Which logo to use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElBacio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello,

I found that TDI/SDI is using two logos and I cannot figure, which logo is used when.

"Old type":
logo2.jpg

"New type":
logo1.jpg

I see that in Germany they more often use "new type", while in Middle-East - rather "old type". New editions of books from TDI/SDI show both logos.

Is it a step-by-step change of the old to new type? Will the old ones disappear?
What is the reason to keep two - so different - types of logos?

Building my own web page I was really confused.
Right now, I am degassing after TMX 14/44, so such thoughts appear easily.

Regards,

El Bacio

You are showing both logos and wordmarks. Both are acceptable for use on your website.

The logos (what you called old type) and wordmarks (new style) can be used as stand-alone corporate IDs. On a website, we would prefer that both were used on the entry screen and then either or both from there on in.

The full corporate identity includes Logo, Wordmark and Caption... see examples below

Attachments

• SDIFullID.jpg
    SDIFullID.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 172
  • TDIFullID.jpg
    TDIFullID.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 172
Hi Steve,

Horst told us not to use the TDI logo - at least in Germany. The reason he stated is that the rights are not belonging to the actual SDI/TDI Regional Office

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom