Which Model and Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaVideo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm just getting back into diving after being out for back and knee injuries on the job.

My pool sessions went well except for the jet fins giving me cramps.

So what is your suggestion for someone with a pair of bad knees and back injury? I have a DUI TLS350 with size 9 Turbo Sole Boots. The XXL SP jets were needed to fit that size shoe.

I not only get the cramps, but I can feel how the fins try and go sideways just like explained in some of the videos and that can't be good on the knees.

XXL Standard Force Fin or XXL Pro either with the Bungie Strap. I would recommend that you get a pair of comfort insteps with them.

the Standard is a little softer and easier on your knees, while the Pro is a little more responsive but will load your legs a bit more. Most people prefer the Pro for the responsiveness as sustained speed is of little concern.

ScubaVideo,
Great to hear about your interest in Force Fins. Meesier42 is right with his size recommendation of XXL. I always recommend getting a comfort instep with your Force Fins as it provides the greatest sizing range and it might provide a bit of filler with your Drysuit boots if needed.

Pro Force Fin is also a good recommendation and it is the Force Fin model I would recommend to you if you are going from Jets to Force Fins. Welcome to freedom and comfortable diving.

its a good price, Tan Deltas are really really good fins, the only issue is they are a quite a bit stiffer than the Pros, much more than the Pros are stiffer than the originals. Most of the people that I know with bad knees prefer the Pros. The are a good blend of enough stiffness to provide the desired responsiveness, but not too stiff to induce pain.

its a good price, Tan Deltas are really really good fins, the only issue is they are a quite a bit stiffer than the Pros, much more than the Pros are stiffer than the originals. Most of the people that I know with bad knees prefer the Pros. The are a good blend of enough stiffness to provide the desired responsiveness, but not too stiff to induce pain.

OK thanks, I will pass on them then and keep shopping.

I put that I "liked" your post, but in reality I would thank you, but that is no longer available. I would really have liked your saying they would be great. :)

Thanks for the help on this. What about the Tan Delta's? I've located a pair of XXL Amber color with bungee straps for $200. Since my becoming disabled, I have limited income to spend and cant afford the new ones.

Maybe it's a mistake, but I have decided to take this deal on the used Tan Delta's for $200. If they don't work out, I'm sure I can get my money back reselling them.

They are XXL Amber Yellow with Bungee Straps. I'm looking foreword to getting them into the water - once they get shipped to me. I bought on Craigslist through PP - they lived within a couple hours drive but decided to get them shipped. So $200 shipped with the bungee straps seems like a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom