Which MYRTLE BEACH LDS do we use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your welcome MindMagic, When I was down ther in mid-june the water temp was 74ish and vis was around 50 feet. If you go with express water sports do me a favor. Tell joe the divemaster on the boat that lancaster scuba and Johnny Walker say thanks again ! Have a great trip.

Hi Y'all,

My wife and I are going to MB in August as well and she needs to do her OW dives to complete her NAUI OW cert.

From what I can tell, about the only place that is a NAUI shop is "Nu Horizons Dive and Travel"...

Has anyone used them before?

If she doesn't finish her dives, then she'll finish them in Cozumel at the end of August, but we're hoping to not worry about her cert. while we're down there...

Any advice would be awesome. THanks!

I am trying to find an O2 clean dive shop (to fill my Nitrox tanks down there) and I can't find one.

Any one does have O2 clean system in Myrtle Beach area that does Nitrox fills? (Everyone does have Nitrox but not everyone runs O2 clean systems.)

I am trying to find an O2 clean dive shop (to fill my Nitrox tanks down there) and I can't find one.

Any one does have O2 clean system in Myrtle Beach area that does Nitrox fills? (Everyone does have Nitrox but not everyone runs O2 clean systems.)

I'm tied in with NuHorizons. Nitrox is available on site. Are you looking for partial pressure fills?

Hi Y'all,

My wife and I are going to MB in August as well and she needs to do her OW dives to complete her NAUI OW cert.

From what I can tell, about the only place that is a NAUI shop is "Nu Horizons Dive and Travel"...

Has anyone used them before?

If she doesn't finish her dives, then she'll finish them in Cozumel at the end of August, but we're hoping to not worry about her cert. while we're down there...

Any advice would be awesome. THanks!

I'll check to see if the NAUI instructor is still active. If not, I have a simple, inexpensive solution of you're interested. PM me if so.

Greetings to all,

We are vacationing in Myrtle Beach the last week in July and would like to dive the area. Any suggestions as to which dive operation we use? Never have been here before! All suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Coastal Scuba

Express Water Sports

Nu Horizons Dive and Travel

Coastal goes north out of Little River, Express goes out of Murrells Inlet. NuHorizons has a 6 pack available that also goes out of Murrells Inlet that you could do something private with a small group if you like. If you guys have any more questions, just ask or PM.
David

I'm tied in with NuHorizons. Nitrox is available on site. Are you looking for partial pressure fills?

My tanks are O2 clean. So if I get air or nitrox fill I need to get it from O2 clean station. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what I want to fill it has to be O2 clean.

I called NuHorizons today and they didn't even bother to return my call. Other two do not have O2 clean stations so I can't fill my tanks there.

I was looking to do a OW dives (read: not to deep!) this Saturday. Express is full, I did reserve it with Coastal (as NuHorizons didn't bother to call and tell what they have available).

For two tank dive I am ok, I can come down with nitrox in my tanks but any past that I either need to fill (and Coastal and Express are out of question) it or rent tanks.

While at the topic of dives outside Myrtle Beach. Anyone has GPS coordinates of them?

My tanks are O2 clean. So if I get air or nitrox fill I need to get it from O2 clean station. Simple as that. It doesn't matter what I want to fill it has to be O2 clean.

I called NuHorizons today and they didn't even bother to return my call. Other two do not have O2 clean stations so I can't fill my tanks there.

I was looking to do a OW dives (read: not to deep!) this Saturday. Express is full, I did reserve it with Coastal (as NuHorizons didn't bother to call and tell what they have available).

For two tank dive I am ok, I can come down with nitrox in my tanks but any past that I either need to fill (and Coastal and Express are out of question) it or rent tanks.

As luck would have it you've called when the shop is on a skeletal staff for a week long dive trip, so sorry about that. The six pack is (probably) available but requires at least 4 to make the trip go. It's more of a group of friends get together private charter type reservation. As far as nitrox goes, if you're concerned about the entire system being O2 clean, banks and all, then I'd say not.

As luck would have it you've called when the shop is on a skeletal staff for a week long dive trip, so sorry about that. The six pack is (probably) available but requires at least 4 to make the trip go. It's more of a group of friends get together private charter type reservation. As far as nitrox goes, if you're concerned about the entire system being O2 clean, banks and all, then I'd say not.

Thanks for the answers.

I guess I will go with Coastal Scuba this trip.

I also take it that whole Myrtle Beach area doesn't have a single dive shop with O2 clean system where I can fill my tanks. Oh well... I either need to get another set or rent then. For this dive since it is only two tank dive I will just bring full tanks with me. For longer stay we will see what makes more sense.

OK, got hold of Nu Horizons and they do partial blend (which means they do have O2 clean system). ^

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom