Which p Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rusty Roo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good day,

I have a choice between the Si tech trigon balanced or light monkey p - valve on my new drysuit.

Please advise any pros / cons of both.

Many thanks

Liam

I use the trigon on both of my suits, it’s been great with one precaution, when you rinse it don’t over pressure it as that tends to screw with the balancing valve, if it doesn’t seal you will be washing your undies. It’s simple to take the valve apart for cleaning, inspection and making sire the valves are working properly. The LM I’m familiar with has a manual bolt type valve and is pretty fool proof, toss a coin as you’ll likely have more issues with the catheter than the valve.

Which Light Monkey? There are 3 versions. Balanced and unbalanced with the bolt and the tinkle with a knob.
I don't like the bolt, had one on my last suit. You need to store it (so you can close the hole in case of a problem). Dead simple.
Current suit has the Trigon. It leaked. I glued the inner check valve down and added an inline balancing check valve. then found it was recalled so they sent a new balancing check valve and housing. It leaked worse than the original design. Never heard back from Sitech when I complained. Put my old glued together and external balance valve on and been running it that way.
Next suit will be a tinkle valve.

Which Light Monkey? There are 3 versions. Balanced and unbalanced with the bolt and the tinkle with a knob.
I don't like the bolt, had one on my last suit. You need to store it (so you can close the hole in case of a problem). Dead simple.
Current suit has the Trigon. It leaked. I glued the inner check valve down and added an inline balancing check valve. then found it was recalled so they sent a new balancing check valve and housing. It leaked worse than the original design. Never heard back from Sitech when I complained. Put my old glued together and external balance valve on and been running it that way.
Next suit will be a tinkle valve.

it would be the fourth element balanced light monkey

Light Monkey Balanced tinkle valve with Qd is what I use. No dramas at all....so far.
The Halcyon is also well regarded

Go with either the LM Balanced Tinkle Valve or Halcyon balanced P-valve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom