Which drysuit pee valve should I buy?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm. Well, I'll keep an eye on mine. Hopefully my luck will continue then. I can't say much else.

Until I decided to glom onto this thread, I had been thinking about starting one, asking for suggestions for fixing the problem. I vaguely recall a thread or two in which someone mentioned the problem of leaking balanced p-valves.

...//... I noticed that you like the DR (your comment in the link mentioned the DR) valve; may I ask why you prefer it? ...
My first DS came with a 'no name' pee valve. It worked fine, but prefer the DR mainly for ease of installation and removal. Don't take that as a comprehensive test across all brands. I just preferred one over the other. I would suspect you will be fine with whatever you choose.

Good luck with it!

Edit:
Go easy on the alcohol, I use highly diluted white vinegar and no alcohol.

Last edited:
Gotta ask dumb question - I might order a dry suit, seen this whole pee valve thing. How the heck does thing thing work? You pee in a bag? Sorry, don't know any other way to ask it....

Gotta ask dumb question - I might order a dry suit, seen this whole pee valve thing. How the heck does thing thing work? You pee in a bag? Sorry, don't know any other way to ask it....

you wear an external catheter (like a condom with a hose) that goes to a valve on your leg. this allows you to pee without taking the drysuit off. Nice for long dives that you just cant hold it long enough..

Thanks - was really wondering how the heck I was going to spend two hours in the water in a "dry" suit

There's a company that makes a bag system...or DID anyway. I saw it on YouTube while researching p valves.

IDK why someone would want that vs an actual p valve that empties into the water though...to each his own I guess.

Thanks for the replies & poll votes...keep 'em coming!

Since you seem to be able to effectively filter unsubstantiated input, here goes my view on alcohol in the rinse solution:

I have this ancient gem of a chainsaw, an old car (now gone), a wood chipper, and a couple of Lawnboys. They all have one thing in common. The advent of ethanol in gasoline(petrol) messed up the carburetors. Ethanol is wonderful stuff in gasoline, but the old gaskets weren't ready for it.

So really, you are just flushing out a pee valve. It ain't aseptic surgery. IMHO, plain water is just as better. I add a bit of distilled vinegar...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom