Which regulator to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I owned an Atomic Z2 and took it to 130 feet. It was an amazing regulator. No need to buy the B2.

I used a Z2 for 8+ years and then gave it to my daughter two years ago when she started diving. it has been a great reg. I would save the $200 and go with one of the Zs. The extra $200 is for some titanium parts on the second stage - could be spent on a nice pressure gauge and money left over to apply to a computer

FWIW, I have not had good luck with swivels but they have not been Atomic. I use the Dive Rite fixed elbows.

But you will not go wrong with either. Have fun diving with your son!

Thank you for everyone’s input. One thing I did not think of that was mentioned here was going with the same brand equipment for both.

Would you revoked going with the Z3 1st and 2nd and a z2 as the octo, instead of the Sherwood. The Sherwood is $100 less and my LDS services Sherwood and Atomic. Thanks.

Plan to make my purchase today.

Deepsix

From performance point of view, all atomics, from z2 to the titanium model, they are all exactly the same. From best bang for the buck stand point, z series is the choice.

What you are saying more for B2 is the titanium in 2nd stage, swivel on 2nd stage and swivel on 1st stage turret. Do you want those?

When you eventually switch to a 7' hose, the swivel will seem silly.

From performance point of view, all atomics, from z2 to the titanium model, they are all exactly the same. From best bang for the buck stand point, z series is the choice.

What you are saying more for B2 is the titanium in 2nd stage, swivel on 2nd stage and swivel on 1st stage turret. Do you want those?
Z3 shares the 2nd stage swivel, so that's not really a differentiator.

Great info regarding the service interval. Based on what I have read, both Sherwood and Atomic are every other year.

I dive with ScubaPro but I would seriously look at Deep6. I have one as a spare.

With that being said, the local shop may be worth the difference in $. I would suggest getting the same brand for primary and secondary.

Good luck -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom