Which semi-dry is the warmest? (Hollis vs Waterproof vs ?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd take one with pockets over one with no pockets.

Also, the Waterproof suits with the pocket that velcros on (the WPAD?) sucks. Eventually, they get to where they pull off by accident way too easily. One of my friends lost hers on the bottom on a NC dive.

Agree on the WPAD. I am aquasealing mine to my Waterproof 5 mil. But, on the Combat Semi-dry, the pockets are permanently attached.

I just ordered a Hollis semi dry for diving in Vancouver. I run very warm so I think I be ok. Also plan on wearing a sharkskin suit under for quick drying and bit extra warmth.

I just ordered a Hollis semi dry for diving in Vancouver. I run very warm so I think I be ok. Also plan on wearing a sharkskin suit under for quick drying and bit extra warmth.

I would try without the sharkskin first. Rashguard at the most. Not sure how the Hollis is, but the Aqualung has internal seals on the lower leg and lower arm that work best with direct contact on skin. Sharskin or Lavacore would impede the effectiveness of those seals.

If you wear something under, use a vest or a shorty over your core only, so as not to impede the neck, wrist and ankle seals, and the internal mid-calf and mid-forearm seals if the Hollis has those (my Mares Isotherm has those, like the Aqualung). Nothing should be between any of those seals and your skin.

I got a xxxl I’m 6 foot 2. 240. But think too big so sent back got a xxl on the way. Was bunching up in the legs and seemed to loose. I heard should be pretty tight dry.

I dive the neotek in Pennsylvania to water temps in mid 40s comfortably. 5mm boots and 5mm gloves, depths down to 90 ft at 40 degrees and I know the water is cold but manageable. Good enough that on warm days I'm comfortable with 4 to 6 dives. 6'7 250lbs and wear a xxl. Due to weird proportions I have a little extra slack in lower torso, but all in all a tight fit with little water penetration. I would buy the neotek again if I was in the market for a cold water suit. Take all this with a grain of salt as I tend to run on the warmer side in water and out.

Back
Top Bottom