Which wings for Trans Pac II.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CryptoJones

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a used Trans Pac II on ebay thinking it was the same thing as the shiny new Trans Pac XT in the scuba shop. Looking at the Dive Rite's website it is only showing the Trans Pac XT.

Do the wings for the Trans Pac XT work on the Trans Pac II? If not, what single-tank wings will fit on the Trans Pac II?

Thank You,
CJ

the transpac II is quite old, however I do prefer it to the current XT designs and hopefully you got a good deal on it. Dive Rite botched their website up a few months ago and it is properly horrific right now. I think I attached the user manual on this post.

anyway, any of the dive rite wings will work with this, but I do recommend trying to find a Dive Rite Travel or Venture wing, should be able to find them on ebay

Attachments

• Transpac II User Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 774
the transpac II is quite old, however I do prefer it to the current XT designs and hopefully you got a good deal on it. Dive Rite botched their website up a few months ago and it is properly horrific right now. I think I attached the user manual on this post.

anyway, any of the dive rite wings will work with this, but I do recommend trying to find a Dive Rite Travel or Venture wing, should be able to find them on ebay

Thank you so much!!

I have heard from a poster here that not all wings will line up with the mount hole-grommets and strap opening on the DR Trans-Pacs.
I have two Trans-Pacs and have HOG single wings mounted. I was able to use the book-srews to mount the HOG wings to the Trans-Pac. I am sure you could get someone here to take measurements it you need it for any particular wing.

you have to be VERY careful when using a transpac as not all wings are universal. You have fixed cam band spacing on the harness so you have to make sure that the wing and transpac have the same spacing. You then have to make sure that the wing has enough grommets put into it to make sure that you can use a sex bolt outside of the cam band spaces to keep it attached without flopping around when you remove the tank.

Far better to purchase a Dive Rite wing and not have to worry about whether everything lines up, or use sex bolts. The DR wings don't require anything other than a transpac, a wing, and two cam bands to keep everything lined up and stationary. Again, this isn't to say it can't be done, as there are lots of people that have done it, but don't assume that all wings will work. Perfect example is Halcyon. Halcyon wings require STA's because they don't have cam band slots, which makes them incompatible with the Transpac.

Wings are only universal with backplates when using a STA. Dive Rite standardized the 11" bolt spacing 30 years ago and most all wings will have grommets to fit that spacing. Using an STA does allow universal fit, however you can't use an STA with a Transpac unless you want a very unpleasant experience walking around on land.

I use a Transpac II and it is a great BC. Works with either single tanks or doubles, as long as you use the proper wing. I would recommend the Travel XT (25# lift) for a single AL80, while the Venture wing (35# lift) is good for higher capacity steel tanks. Dive Rite says you can use the Rec wing (45# lift) for singles, but I would recommend that only for doubles. The manual posted earlier gives you all the particulars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom