White sharks serial killers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...is there anything in this article truly noteworthy...?

Predators choose positions and behaviors that increase their chances of encountering game...? Isn't that their job...

And then linking this to serial killers to put some kick in the title...

There was a book published a year or so ago called "The Devil's Teeth". It was written about the Farallon Islands (about 25 miles west of San Francisco). It identified white shark "hunting groups" and even plotted their hunting territory on a map of the islands.

Art

Interesting note about that book "The Devil's Teeth"...After the incident where a killer whale killed a great white shark. All the great white sharks in that area cleared out for six weeks. It goes to show you that there is competition between the Apex Predators for food resources, and territory.

Lock Washer

What made me chuckle were the hysterical headings from the more salacious and low-brow publications. The Sun is always good for this:

Sharks just like sea-rial killers complete with a detailed blurb on Jack the Ripper and other unsavoury humans from murder history.

What made me chuckle were the hysterical headings from the more salacious and low-brow publications. The Sun is always good for this:

Sharks just like sea-rial killers complete with a detailed blurb on Jack the Ripper and other unsavoury humans from murder history.

A local Tampa bay TV news station

Hmmm...is there anything in this article truly noteworthy...?

Predators choose positions and behaviors that increase their chances of encountering game...? Isn't that their job...

And then linking this to serial killers to put some kick in the title...

Thats what I was thinking. You could substitute any predator and the article would still apply.

Thats what I was thinking.
You could substitute any predator and the article would still apply

Its my understanding that some marine/animal life are always on the move and feed as the opportunity arises?

Back
Top Bottom