White Star Park...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A good day at White Star....

First off...no one was injured (for those that don't know me, this is a good thing)

Second...I made a nice relaxing dive with my brother 41 minutes in length as we made a lap around the quarry. Avg depth was 40ft., and temp there was 48-50 depending on whose computer you looked at. Vis was about 10 feet by the entry/exit point, and 20ft most everywhere else. Surface temp was about 55, and it was a beautiful sunny day. 1700psi used out of my AL80 = SAC of 0.499. I was pretty happy with that, being my first dive since November.

No second dive was made, after about an hour warming up on the surface we decided we liked being warm and watching the AOW students, so we hung out with the Instructor. I have got to get that drysuit thing....I don't mind the cold water, but I'm about tired of being wet and cold all the time.

Ber found a buddy and they worked on their dry-suit stuff, I'm sure she can tell you more about her dive.

All in all, it was a relaxing day (for the most part), and an enjoyable little lunch after the dive.

Joke from Ber's buddy told during lunch...

"what do you get when you cross a kitty cat with a gorilla?"
A really stupid Gorilla...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....dam that was funny

I SKIPPED IT! :D I did meet a very nice gentleman at the quarry who asked if I needed a buddy and volunteered himself. Since he was diving dry and was working on the weighting for his suit I buddied up with him so I wouldn't slow Big T down :)

I enjoyed diving with him and would like to do so again, in a wetsuit. I did get to figure out a few of my problems with the dry suit.
1. I can't seem to get all of the air out of it before the dive even when I open the neck seal and sink down into the water.
2. I'm down to 27lbs to sink the thing but that's WAY to much weight for me to wear.
3. I need to get some real dry suit undies.
4. Explaining narrow linear hickeys isn't easy :) Especially when they're around your neck!
5. The fins I use with the dry suit aren't made for swimming fast enough to warm up if I get chilled.

My first experience with diving with a buddy I'd never met was an extremely good one. I warned him about my dry suit inexperience and he was very patient while I fumbled around like an OW diver.

We didn't see anything but one boat and the platforms. Visibility was pretty good once you were beyond the interesting stuff where the student's were hanging out.
Ber :bunny:

You wouldn't have slowed me down...however, you might have made my dive into a working dive as opposed to a relaxed trip around the quarry...

and those spider web hickie things were kind of wierd lookin. Maybe you need to go on the Big-T gain 40 pounds in 3 months diet.

Back
Top Bottom