Whites Dry Suit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am thinking about purchasing a Whites Dry Suit. I am getting a really great deal and I want to know what I am getting into. It is the Whites trilam drysuit with their version of the rock boots and 2 sets of bellow pockets. I was going to go with the DUI tls 350, but this is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

1Has anyone ever used this drysuit?
2Is it a good suit?
3How does it compare to DUI?
4How durable is the Whites name?
5What proplems have you had with your Whites drysuit?
6How does it feel underwater?

Thanks for your help.

ADAM

I just got a White's drysuit and will be doing my first dive this weekend.

Last summer and fall I went to 2 different DUI Demo days and tried various trilam suits. I liked the suits but wasn't ready to pay the high price. One of our local LDS carries White's and ordered in a stock size that I could try in the pool. Liked the suit and the price. I ordered a custom suit, shoulder entry, rock boots and one bellow pocket.

The custom suit fits great. I've had it in the pool and here is how I would compare it to DUI right now...

* The Whites is a quad-lam so it feels a little stiffer than the tri-lam.
* I can zip myself into the Whites, but could not zip myself into the DUI suit.
* My White's suit has a zipper at the neck that makes it easier to tuck in my wetsuit hood. The DUI suits did not have this.
* I have to bend over a little and be more flexible getting into the White's suit because it does not have the telescoping torso like DUI. But, I'm limber enough that it's okay.

After this weekend, I'll let you know how it is at depth.

jackie

Hi Adam,
I've got the Aqua Pro model-it's a bilam. I've had the suit for about a year. I had some quality control issues with it at first. The wrist seals were improperly applied. Whites uses a type of heat tape when applying their neck and wrist seals. To make a long story short, the suit was sent back to the factory twice for leaks. The third time, I took the suit up my self and talked with the owner-Frank White. He treated me good and the suit was fixed right-while I was waiting. I have put the suit through its paces after the third fix and it seems to be holding up fine.

A couple of other folks I dive with have a lot of dives on their Whites Suits and haven't had any problems with them at all. I think mine was made on a Friday afternoon before a three day holiday-LOL!

I have no experience with DUI suits.

My suit is a custom but I had them make it a little on the big side as I was unsure what undergarments I would end up with. I finally decided on the Weezel Extreme. That along with argon and I'm warm and toasty in the cold waters of the PNW.

Pete

Adam, I have a custom Whites Nuytpro suit which I purchased about a year and a half ago. So far my suit is holding up very well, it still looks new and I'm extremely pleased with it. I looked at DUI but couldn't justify spending the extra money for the DUI name.

Adam:

I love my polar flex 11 drysuit. It was a custom and when i got it from whites' my measurements where right on. Been in the water with it and found no leaks.

My dive instructor & myself gave it a check out for flaws and none where found.. Love the craftmanship sorta speaken.

Look over the DUI and i also could not justify the $.. Very nice suits though, I thought for the price, white was excellent.

One lds made a comment that when he was at the new york dive show that he was very impressed with this canadian outfit. He thought the quality was as good as the DUI but without the price tag..

One thing i like about whites was little extras like the neck zipper for tucking in your hood and wrist seal protectors . didn't see these on other drysuits.

Just my 2 cents worth for well worth the money spent.

Safe diving to ya .

Sam::wink:

I've looked at the White's suits and talked to my LDS (who is a White's dealer) about them. He says they build a great suit, but extremely slow on repairs. Average turn around about 6 weeks, if you need to send for zipper, etc. So if you sent it in mid May, you should expect to be in the water with it again in July.
They had a booth at The Outdoor Adventure Show in Toronto, but the 3 guys manning the booth seemed reluctant to interupt their conversation to discuss drysuits with me, only paused long enough to pass me a catalogue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom