Whites Fusion: First dive impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently bought the fusion from Mike, he is absolutely the most helpful and professional person that I have ever dealt with on all levels of sales. I would highly recommend him for any of your Scuba needs.
My impression of the suit is this:
it is deffinately something new, now I am not a very experienced diver, so I can't compare it to anything else, after all, this is my first dry suit. I can say this. If you don't practice putting it on you will have problems. I have worked my self in and out of it a few times and it is alot of work, but once it is on you are good to go.
My last dive was in 33 degree water in Lake Superior. The MK2 underwear worked great! Mike told me that I might wanna try the MK2 first because they are a bit cheaper and to see if it would meet my needs, it deffinately did. I didn't wear the jacket that came with, but I wore a lond sleeve T and a Under armour t-shirt underneath. At the end of the dive I did start to get a little cold, (that could be fixed just by wearing the jacket)but so did the other two guys that I was diving with and they were in heavy underwear.
I am a big guy too, so I think the warmth had alot to do with that. I don't really get cold easily.
The hood is a whites dry hood that worked awesome my head was warm all the way through the dive and I was actually sweating on the way back up to the truck.
I bought viking cuff rings with the slip over style glove. I would recomend them for the ease of putting them on and taking them off... but the gloves were a little to small and my fingers got cold because of it.. I didn't buy the gloves from Mike, I got a really good deal on the set and jumped on it so I just dealt with the smaller gloves. I shoulda waited and got them through mike...
The boots (Altera)that I originally bought were 14/15 and they are HUGE.. I wear a 13 size street shoe and when I got the size 13 from Mike it worked out perfectly...
OK, like I saw in the other post there was no negatives about this suit.. well.. that is a great suit, BUT...
Like I said, I am fairly large guy.. 6'1 280 I have really big shoulders and I ripped my one piece try to reach for the zipper to zip my suit.. I bought the largest size, but it just wasn't wide enough.. everything else fit perfectly.. little tight in the belly but that is my fault and can be fixed..
The legs are really short on my suit too, I had a really hard time getting my fin on and off because the suit restricted my leg movement... once I got them on it was fine to swim in, but getting my foot up to where I can reach it was a chore..
I really don't have any other negatives to say about the suit..
I think that I am going to try and get rid of it though, so if anyone wants to buy a dry suit let me know.. I only have two dives on it.. I did have to cut the seals on the neck and wrists so you may have to get the seal replaced, but I highly doubt it..
I think the conventional trilam is going to be better for me..
any suggestions?

UH OH.....Now we are in trouble....Josh found this forum :D

LOL....Welcome Josh!! I think I have a candidate for your suit......I have PMed both of you

Josh, I will be in the car today heading down south, if you want to talk about suits, pm me and I will shoot you my cell phone...I would post it here, but I know these guys and gals will be calling me at 2am this weekend while they are running around their house with a drysuit on and a cold stiff drink in their hands....jumping in and out of the shower asking me about deco procedures.....and I just cant have that :D LOL

UH I would post it here, but I know these guys and gals will be calling me at 2am this weekend while they are running around their house with a drysuit on and a cold stiff drink in their hands....jumping in and out of the shower asking me about deco procedures.....and I just cant have that :D LOL
Hey, Hey, Hey I resemble that remark.........lol

UH OH.....Now we are in trouble....Josh found this forum :D

LOL....Welcome Josh!! I think I have a candidate for your suit......I have PMed both of you

Josh, I will be in the car today heading down south, if you want to talk about suits, pm me and I will shoot you my cell phone...I would post it here, but I know these guys and gals will be calling me at 2am this weekend while they are running around their house with a drysuit on and a cold stiff drink in their hands....jumping in and out of the shower asking me about deco procedures.....and I just cant have that :D LOL

I have the number and I'm willing to be bought!!! :D

Hi Mike!! :wavey: Say Hi to the Paddlefish for me!!!

I have the number and I'm willing to be bought!!! :D

Hi Mike!! :wavey: Say Hi to the Paddlefish for me!!!

Scott my message was aimed at you :D

Things to do today:

Pack for trip
say hi to paddlefish on night dive
have a great day of diving
change phone number......nah those calls would be too funny and remind me of college:rofl3: Number stays....

Lets start a new thread....Help Jennifer buy a drysuit by buying Mikes number from her and harrassing him:eyebrow:

Scott my message was aimed at you :D

Things to do today:

Pack for trip
say hi to paddlefish on night dive
have a great day of diving
change phone number......nah those calls would be too funny and remind me of college:rofl3: Number stays....

Lets start a new thread....Help Jennifer buy a drysuit by buying Mikes number from her and harrassing him:eyebrow:

I wonder who all wants it?? Maybe we can spin this a different way too...are you cute and single?? I can sell it in the singles forum :D

Momma needs a new drysuit...I'm shameless!!

Back
Top Bottom