Whites Fusion skin size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enduser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have recently purchased a used excellent condition Whites Fusion, drycore is dated 10/19/09. It came with both the sport skin and a tech skin, both skins and the drycore are in great shape.

This is my first drysuit, I was a little nervous about buying used, but have read a lot about the fusion, feel good about the buy and I got a very good deal on it local.

The drycore is 2xl/3xl and fits fine. The sport and tech skin are a L/XL and are pretty tight. Just got it today and haven't had a chance to dive it yet.

Curious from others who have this suit what the fit should be like? Do I want it a bit tight? Or would I be better off looking out for a skin one size larger?

I plan on diving with the tech skin...but it is brand new never used by the previous owner. If I need to wait it out I may swap it back to the sport and sell the tech skin while I look out for a size larger tech or bullet skin.

Thanks! Interested in whatever feedback.

Any chance someone has a 2xl/3xl skin they are looking to trade or sell?

Last edited:
The skin is designed to keep the core wrapped tightly around your body, like a wetsuit. I would first dive the suit and get a feel for fit before any haste purchases.

The skin is designed to keep the core wrapped tightly around your body, like a wetsuit. I would first dive the suit and get a feel for fit before any haste purchases.

Thanks appreciate it. Right I took the sport off and put on the tech skin and that one is much less mobile as is expected. I have since put the sport skin back on and will give it a few dives before doing anything else.

The sport skin actually feels pretty good, more what I expected the suit to feel like. It was more the tech skin that had me wondering.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased a used excellent condition Whites Fusion, drycore is dated 10/19/09. It came with both the sport skin and a tech skin, both skins and the drycore are in great shape.

This is my first drysuit, I was a little nervous about buying used, but have read a lot about the fusion, feel good about the buy and I got a very good deal on it local.

The drycore is 2xl/3xl and fits fine. The sport and tech skin are a L/XL and are pretty tight. Just got it today and haven't had a chance to dive it yet.

Curious from others who have this suit what the fit should be like? Do I want it a bit tight? Or would I be better off looking out for a skin one size larger?

I plan on diving with the tech skin...but it is brand new never used by the previous owner. If I need to wait it out I may swap it back to the sport and sell the tech skin while I look out for a size larger tech or bullet skin.

Thanks! Interested in whatever feedback.

Any chance someone has a 2xl/3xl skin they are looking to trade or sell?
I would also recommend diving it and see how it feels. I have a Whites with the sport skin 2xl/3xl for drysuit and skin both. I got a sweet deal on a bullet skin a while back (brand new for $50), but it was size L/XL. I put it on and dove it once and then took it off and replaced it with my sport skin. It was way too tight and restrictive. I ended up selling it to someone on Scubaboard. As you know, the sport skin is much lighter and more flexible and the L/XL may work just fine with the 2XL/3XL suit. I love my sport skin. I have had it for 4 years and it still looks brand new and I am pretty rough on it. Hundreds of dives in the PNW and the Channel Islands. I love how light weight the sport skin is.

I would also recommend diving it and see how it feels. I have a Whites with the sport skin 2xl/3xl for drysuit and skin both. I got a sweet deal on a bullet skin a while back (brand new for $50), but it was size L/XL. I put it on and dove it once and then took it off and replaced it with my sport skin. It was way too tight and restrictive. I ended up selling it to someone on Scubaboard. As you know, the sport skin is much lighter and more flexible and the L/XL may work just fine with the 2XL/3XL suit. I love my sport skin. I have had it for 4 years and it still looks brand new and I am pretty rough on it. Hundreds of dives in the PNW and the Channel Islands. I love how light weight the sport skin is.

Thanks for the feedback. Will do.

Back
Top Bottom