Whites Tech left arm wet most of the time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I experienced this too. My suit has the Apeks valves. I had to do three things to get it fixed.
First, I soaked the valve in warm water for a half hour, three times. Pressed it and spun it around lots. That seemed to resolve my upper arm getting wet.
Next, I had to keep the valve slightly more closed on subsequent dives. I don't get wet on a single dive if I keep it open to where I used to, but it seems to collect salt deposits and on the 4th or so dive my arm is wet again.
Lastly, I had to get rubber rings to seal my gloves to my wrist rings. This one is weird, because the liners in my gloves would be dry, but water would somehow get into my wrist. Dripping, soaked quantities of water on my wrist with a dry upper arm, and dry liners in my gloves. Where that water came from, I have no idea. I did a positive pressure test on the suit, and there was no leak. But the dry gloves I buy started coming with a rubber ring to lock the pull over gloves on to the wrist rings. When I use the rings, dry. No rings, wet. On and off like a faucet. It is a mystery where the water was entering. :idk:

I spoke too soon. My problem was not resolved. Started having the same problem again after a few more dives. I removed the valve and replaced it with a SiTech valve. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure there is not a little fold in the outer skin under the valve, I have found that issue, also I always use a little silicone between the valve and the skin, even though Whites says you don't have too. This cured the problem on 3 of our suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom