Who does complete OW cert for under a million in NoVA/MD area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UserName1

Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend wanting to get an O/W1 cert. Everywhere around is like $500. Think cheapest was around $350, but that didn't include gear rental. I have a Master Diver cert, but I got mine awhile back, and in an area that is cheaper than the DC area. Anybody know where a cert can be had for around $300 or less? I'll let my friend borrow some of my gear if I have to. This stuff used to be cheap. I paid a total of 400 to get to Master Diver with some specialites! Thanks in advance.

dcdivers.com has an OW class for $350 that DOES include equipment rental. You do have to own your own personal gear, but that's true for every class.

As a bonus, once you complete your first class with them you get the rental gear for the next trip or class you take with them free, so that kind of knocks off that extra $50.

Man for that price you can come down to Va. Beach for a weekend & take the class at Dive Quarters http://www.divequarters.com/ . They charge $149 (which they just raised from $99). You must have your own personal gear, & 2 trips to Rawlings for open water dives (which is NOT included), but all other gear is.

A.B. Sea's Diving, Fairfax Station VA, offers PADI Open Water Cert for $350, and that includes ALL the necessary gear rental. The only 'extra' cost is 2 days of quarry admission which runs $20 - $25 depending on location.

PM me with your email & I can send you more info.

He is going to head down to VA Beach soon. My O/W1 cost around that. I can't covince the wife to take the lessons, so I need a someone to dive with. Maybe a camping trip to Lake Rawlings this weekend will change her mind. Anyone know how to con their spouse into taking lessons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom