Who has best shore diving in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a small sampling of what I've personally observed -- Presidente Intercontinental, La Ceiba, Plaza Las Glorias, and Scuba Club Cozumel --- the Presidente Intercontinental wins hands down.

It is right at the South end of Paradise Reef. It has nice topography of a shallow 7' flat where you can often find seahorses, then a little miniwall as it drops off to about 22'.

I agree with the Presidente up until Wilma-after Wilma the Presidente reef was trashed.

I didn't see the reef in May, hopefully someone has experience this summer to relate.

Tim

CatFishBob:
What hotel/resort has the best shore diving in Cozumel?

There never was very good shore diving in Cozumel, compared to the boat diving, anyway, but Wilma really did a number on what was there.

That said, the shallow inshore stuff is recovering, albeit slowly, and there are a few places where you can see a few things. In addition to what has been mentioned already, there is an area about halfway between Villablanca and Caribe Blu that you can get to by drifting down from Villablanca or swimming up from CB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom