Who is an "authorized dealer"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avra cohen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LeisurePro, in New York City, claims to be an authorized dealer, yet they are not listed as such on Mares website. How can anyone verify this? Also, there is no mention on Mares website of authorized service centers. What is the distinction between a dealer and a service center? Does getting my annual service done at a non-authorized shop void my warranty? Any light you can shed on this is much appreciated.
Thanks, Avra

Yes -- having your Mares reg serviced at a non authorized dealer makes your warranty null and void. I have been to Leisure Pro and seen a myriad of certifications on the wall, but as they are not certified dealers, even if they went to every one of these training sessions they claim to have attended (and let's face it, since most happen on the weekends I doubt it) they are not an "authorized service center". Also, if you buy one of their regs online, then that too is not under warranty.

I would look else where, even if you have to ship your reg for service.

I am having a similar issue in Phuket. Are there any authorized service centers here, there are none listed on the website.

-Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom