Who is diving Jan 1, 2017?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underH2Oman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am planning on diving January 1st here in southern Ontario, but have not decided on the location. It is still open to suggestions.
It will be weather dependent but was thinking about a few options.
-Welland scuba park
-Lake Simcoe
-Cedar Hill park (Georgian Bay)
-perhaps somewhere else.

If you are wanting to dive or are planing a dive that others could join let me know.

check those ice conditions, Dean, you know I'm up for it.

looks like ice is starting to form. East coast of Lake Huron up to Sauble Beach area has about 30% coverage of new ice (<10cm thick) with Lake St Clair having about 90% coverage with 30% of it small flow chunks (20-100m widths) of grey ice 10-15cm thick and 70% of it new ice <10cm thick.
We should be able to get an ice dive in late January or February. I will check on the Scuba park conditions as it should freeze earlier than Lake Erie.

I don't think Lake St Clair is at 90%. Was out sledding in Anchor Bay yesterday and did not see a lot of ice. There are some flows on the river though that need to be watched.

Well I will be, of course. Wiarton looks like lots of snow if the weather network can be believed.

Maybe do a Chippewa creek??

Back
Top Bottom