Who is doing Ice Diving this season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interested as well. Beginning of March is Ok - later it's Florida diving.

Please keep me posted. I will be following this thread

depending on when all participants want it it will be 1st to 3rd week of march

we ALWAYS have great ice in march,, usually the third week of march can be warm (like last year) or cold like the year before ,,, but both years great ice , and remember this year we are offering an ice instructor course also

we ALWAYS have great ice in march,, usually the third week of march can be warm ...//...
Best ice diving instruction happens when air temps are way lower than the water. I like cold blue ice, I can get slop right here. Things are different when the air temps are well below freezing.

I remember all of us standing around for a pic and you pointing out that 'somebody' (shared responsibility, meaning ALL of us) left wet line carabiners lying on the ice. Little things like that matter...

last year we ate lunch in the parking lot with no jackets on ...3rd week of march is a crap shoot for outside temp but always has good ice , and remember accommodation is FREE but limited , so first come first serve

I would be interested in the basic course because I have no prior ice diving experience.
No matter, you will be learning about issues with the cold and the overhead environment with the ice. Just remember to bring your cert card.

I didn't. Never use them for anything, never expected to get carded... (it was all good, got a text pic sent and a quick check with the agency confirmed it.)

I did an ice dive when I was 16 in Connecticut when I was young and stupid. In a Parkways wetsuit since drysuits hadn't been invented yet.
That was enough for me.
I cede my share of ice diving to everyone else here. Especially --->the really tough people who do this in wetsuits.
I'll put an extra ice cube in my post-dive libation here in south Florida to honor you all.
Have fun.

I cede my share of ice diving to everyone else here. Especially --->the really tough people who do this in wetsuits. ...//...
That would be Arturo. Totally badass little Peruvian DM who logged more total time (and longer single dive times) than anyone else in our class.

I, too, have 'heroes'.

Back
Top Bottom