Who makes pockets like this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm looking for glue-on pockets for my 3mm wetsuit. I'm looking for the following features:

1. Neoprene backed for better bond
2. Has internal D-ring(s) and bungee for attachment of stuff
3. Separate compartment for wet notes
4. Zippered pockets on the top flap for bolt-snaps, arrows and other small items
5. Big enough to fit a 2m long SMB with 30m reel.
6. If possible, a separate slot for dive tables without needing to open the velcro

I guess the Halcyon ones fit all of the above, but they are way too expensive for me.

I saw these Light Monkey ones below that look very nice, however they do not have zippers on the flap pockets.

Add-On Thigh Pockets - Dive Gear Express

Does anyone know of other manufacturers who make pockets to the above specs?

Thanks.

Hook and loop closures on pockets are much better than zips. Velcro doesn't jam, cannot break and is much easier to operate with gloves on. Just make sure there is an inch or so of unvelcro'ed (new word!) area extending over the end of the flap so it is easy to grip and pull open.

Hook and loop closures on pockets are much better than zips. Velcro doesn't jam, cannot break and is much easier to operate with gloves on. Just make sure there is an inch or so of unvelcro'ed (new word!) area extending over the end of the flap so it is easy to grip and pull open.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes I'm looking for one with velcro flaps.

The zippered compartment refers to a separate smaller compartment in the flap itself to store small items like boltsnaps, cookies and arrows.

The light monkey ones have this small pocket but it does not have a zipper.

Looks like you want to put a lot into 1 pocket.

I have both the Light Monkey and Dive Rite pockets. The LM in on my 8mil suit and is actually too big. Creates a lot of drag. I prefer the Dive Rite which is more compact. It will hold a spool and a spare mask with no problem and has a loop to clip things off so that they dont drop out when you try to get something from the pocket.

If i might, i would recommend looking at the Dive Rite lift bag pouch for your SMB/lift bag. This can be attached to the back of your BCD or BP/wing under the butt of your tank keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.

Hope this is helpful

Sent using Tapatalk HD

Have you considered wearing neoprene shorts? I think they'd be sturdier than add on pockets. A lot of people do this with the Fusion dry suits.

Have you considered wearing neoprene shorts? I think they'd be sturdier than add on pockets. A lot of people do this with the Fusion dry suits.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

I've considered wearing shorts but don't like the extra step it takes. I feel like there are already many steps to take when gearing up and I don't feel like adding an additional step. Gearing up is the most stressful part of a dive for me.

Wetsuit
Booties
BP
crotch strap
Necklace
Longhose
Buddy check
Modified S drill
Repeat 4x a day over 3-4 days

I'm almost always near the last one to jump in. This is my main reason for wanting to sew on the pockets.

Somedays I miss the old rental jacket BCs and octopus lol...

yep, i love my glued on pocket even in the tropics. i think i have a DUI (seams roomier than 2 inches which is not enough) that I keep moving to the next wet suit. I let the shop use their glue as the pocket will peel off without damage. I don't think aquaseal is so forgiving.

Glue-On Thigh Pocket Kit | Wreck Diver Supply

XS Scuba Glue-On Thigh Pocket | LeisurePro

sorry I just realized they don't have the final criteria of wet notes holder accessed without opening pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom