Who makes the "BEST" Carbon fins used for freediving/spearfishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Who makes the "BEST" Carbon fins used for freediving/spearfishing? Why so? Does it really matter and is there a difference or are they all the same?

C4?
Pathos?
Omer?
Beuchat?
XT Diving
???

To my knowledge there has been no effective scientific fin performance test since
Tony Christensen, PhD UCLA , did his in 1960s

Why don't you acquire all the fins and do a test ?

SDM

To my knowledge there has been no effective scientific fin performance test since
Tony Christensen, PhD UCLA , did his in 1960s

Why don't you acquire all the fins and do a test ?

SDM

I am looking for people's "perception" of what is the best not necessarily the best "scientifically". And "why" they think so.

Carbon freediving fins or carbon-free diving fins? They are two separate things.

spearfishing or freediving? you may want to try asking at deeperblue or spearboard instead

What is the issue/concern of carbon with regards to fins and even more specifically with regards to free diving fins?

-Z

I am very happy with my C4 Mustangs, but I can only compare them to my old Cressi Garas.

What is the issue/concern of carbon with regards to fins and even more specifically with regards to free diving fins?

-Z

Doh....I get it now....its not carbon free diving fins, it is carbon free-diving fins....as in carbon fiber free-diving fins.

Grammar is important....it cuts down confusion. For example:
A panda eats, shoots, and leaves.
vs
A Panda eats shoots and leaves.

-Z

You could have interpreted carbon free as more akin to petroleum free, and then started a discussion on all natural plant rubber fins vs synthetic fins...

Back
Top Bottom