Who should pay?

• Travel agent

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • me

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sean00xj

Reaction score
I went diving with Greath White Sharks in south africa. We stayed with a husband and wife who operate a guest house. They provided great service in every aspect of our trip except one. The wife arranged for us to have a reserved spot on a flight from Port Elizabeth to Jo'burg. We would pay at the airport and I believe she would get cash back, she's new to the travel agent business. Well we showed up at the airport, flight was full, our names were not on any list. We called the wife, she called the airline but there was nothing that could be done. We ended up having to buy a full fair ticket for an extra US$100. She told us they've had this problem before but I dont think the flight was full. I havn't written the husband and wife about asking them to cover the difference in what we were supposed to pay and what we did pay. I feel as they were acting as our travel agent they should pay the difference, if the airline screwed up they should get the money from the airline. Should they cover it? I will withhold their name until i'm either completely unsatisfied or fully satisfied.

When you arrived in Port Elizabeth did you re-check / confirm your flight status?

It was $US100 only, not that huge. We talked to them, the travel agent several times as we traveled to Port Elizabeth, they told us just to show up at the airport. This could have been one heck of a disaster if we would have been trying to make a connecting flight in Jo'burg

Did you ever get a confirmation or file number to show the reservation was made? If so, then it may the airline's fault.

Marc

Back
Top Bottom