who to dive with in Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDebbie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ok, who does everyone recommend to dive with? ...as in dive ops with boats. I had a recommendation for JADS in my other thread. How are their boats? Do they do pick up and drop off from your hotel?
We don’t plan to have a car. We’re staying on Palm Beach at the HI, so would prefer something close or at least with pick up/drop off. Do any of them store your gear for you, or will we be lugging it back and forth?
I have read some bad stuff about Unique Sports/Pelican. On the flip side I’ve read really good things about Clive and Dive Aruba, but just a bit concerned about the small boat. Would prefer something just a little larger... smoother, faster, with a head, and room to move.
Of course service is important, but safety more so. Yes, we are experienced divesr, and we have our own gear, but I just won't tolerate dive ops that rent crap gear, and/or don’t put diver safety first and "play by the rules".
Thoughts? Personal preferences?

Hi Debbie, Its me again. Alot of the dive companies have 2 boats. A bigger boat and a smaller boat. It depends on how many people they have. I really like Jads and Fly and Dive. Those 2 both go out by the airport and they both pick up at high rise. Unique is closer to you and red sail is close to you but I don't really like to dive with them. One example is Unique: The first time we dove with them we had 3 people and we went to the wrong dock so we got there at 9:03 and we were 3 minutes late. The first thing the lady said is YOU ARE LATE!!! Then she said I am sorry but you only signed up for 1, not 3. I thought maybe the boat was full. I said no we have 3 not 1. She said FINE!! There were only 3 others on the boat so I have no clue why she chewed me out having 3 instead of 1. We also dive alot in Aruba and the other companies give us a break since we almost live in Aruba. I asked Unique and she said SORRY, NO DISCOUNTS. I will never dive with Unique again. I don't know about storing our gear. I really think because of liaility, they will not keep it but you can ask. My vote is : Jads, Windies, or Fly and Dive

---------- Post Merged at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:47 AM ----------

If you do dive, here are some sights you will want to do:
Antillas
Airplanes
Fingures
Jane C
You will not be dissapointed on any of these 4 dives.

Thanks again Bob! Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Not smart on their part. Locals can bring in a lot of business. When we were on Grand Caymen for awhile (hubby working there), we were given discounts at a local shop. We did a lot of dives with them, would recommend them, and use them again.
Anyway...We will likely used Jads. Hopefully they'll store our gear, otherwise we'll be dragging wet gear through the hotel all the time. For that reason in Maui we had a ground level condo... and a tarp in the trunk of the rental. Not so convenient like Bonaire. It was handy at resorts that had their own dive centre to just leave our gear there and walk down... but quality over convenience.
We will put those dives on our list for sure. If we do decide to shore dive we'll give you a call :)

If you dive with Jads, Tell JP and the gang that you know Aruba Bob. Thats who we use alot and we are realyy good friends with all them guys. Keep me posted which days you are diving and I will try to jump on the boat 1 day. Aruba Bob

Back
Top Bottom