Whole business stolen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acrofrag

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A good friend of mine runs this business: Pacific Rescue Systems here in Fresno, CA. I am going to just cut and paste his email, it says it all:

"Well this weekend has been pretty horrible. I received a call Saturday morning that my trailer was stolen from the trailers-plus yard. Specifically they broke into the yard and stole only my trailer. This is bad but what makes it super bad is I had everything in it! My entire business, swiftwater gear,paddle boats, zodiac boats, motors, dive gear, commercial dive gear, 3 complete technical rope caches, my library (dvds, cds ,books) expedition camp gear, 15 years of SAR gear. I had it as a self contained business trailer. And what makes it suck even further is nobody would insure it.With the trailer and replacement costs I’m looking at 35-40k loss that I know of. I had been building the equipment cache from scraps for 15 years. Basically I am wiped out completely for the business and teaching. Coming up this week I am meeting with detectives. They said that more than likely my trailer was targeted because it had a license plate and our local Mexican drug cartel steal big enclosed trailers to shuttle pot and supplies form the foothills and usually if they find anything inside the trailer they dump it. Anyway if you happen to come across gear online ebay, craigslist with prs or pacific rescue systems markings let me know. Anyway this is nothing new..just was my turn for our local band of thieves."

Just talked to him on the phone and he says most the gear is marked PRS or Pacific Rescue Systems. If anybody sees any of this equipment it would mean the world if you could contact him directly at: sean@pacificrescuesystems.com

Thanks!

If he was paying to store the trailer at the trailers-plus yard, then they would have a legal obligation too make it right.

If he was paying to store the trailer at the trailers-plus yard, then they would have a legal obligation too make it right.
I'd expect them to have exclusions. For their insurance company to cover renters property would open a huge can of worms.

It might be good for him to post a description of all his gear.
That's a good idea as this is the largest community of people who might recognize it if seen for sale somewhere.

If they wanted the trailer to run drugs, the contents would be expendable to the thieves. Good luck on finding any of the goods stolen let alone the trailer. Sort of makes you wonder if this was maybe an inside hit. The zodiacs would be very useful for night time carries.

I'd expect them to have exclusions. For their insurance company to cover renters property would open a huge can of worms.

Most times they give you the option to pay extra for insurance for your goods, but if you don't then the contract is subject to an exclusion. Most people don't take the insurance, and so are excluded from claiming for loss or damage to their goods.

Back
Top Bottom