whooooo - off to Aliwal in 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spankey - get to Thailand if you can. I was in Phuket in May 2004, best holiday I've ever had, the people are awesome:D Need a deck hand on that cat???

Spankey, nice to see your first pic includes my dive buddy's 4X4:D

Did you dive on Monday? Our 9 o'clock dive was cancelled due to the ripping current and cuck vis

If I don't have my own website, is there any way to download pics onto Scubaboard. I swam through a cave on Protea Banks and swam straight into a raggie, got a decent pic from about 2 metres away.

Besides the raggies, didn't have the best weekend, handed my camera to the skipper with the strap around my wrist. He took it by the strobe arm and snapped it clean off:shakehead . Was my own stupidity though

With the wind that came up on Monday morning, I was glad to not be on the water. Saw a lot of divers at the Whaler cleaning gear and packing up around 4:30pm on Monday, so there must have been quite a few launches through the day!

Had a very mediocre dive on Saturday. Vis was OK (12m), with some surge. Not much to see on the route we dived (but that is an entirely different).

Oh, and there were too many Vaalies in Umkomaas this weekend! :D It's the first time I have seen a traffic jam at Sabastians... :eyebrow:

Booked some dives for this Saturday. Hopefully the weather clears up a bit, or we could be in for a wild ride.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sea Fever had a few early launches but everyone who came back said the conditions were terrible. The last launch was at about 8:30.

Andrew, even though I'm a vaalie I must agree, we went to Sabastians on Saturday night, had one look and head for my folks in Illovo for dinner.

We dived Cathedral on Saturday morning and didn't see too much except for two decent raggies. Dived Northern Pinnacles on Sunday and didn't see too much except for 5 or 6 really big raggies and 1 zambezi disappearing in the distance. While kitting up on Protea Banks there were two whales about 100 metres away and we could hear them while ascending. We sat between 5 and 10 metres hoping for a glimpse of them but no such like:shakehead

Zambezi:
I think I've worked out how to get pics onto the web. Here's the only decent pic of a raggie I got on Protea Banks. It is cropped slightly

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/Zambezi_2006/?

Nice lookng Sharks! Makes hubby Kevan feel a little homesick. He used to work at The Whaler and is missing real sharks, unlike the usual leopardsharks and white and black tips that we see here in Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom