• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Who's gotten the COVID vaccine? Who's planning to?

Discussion in 'Covid and pandemic discussions' started by Esprise Me, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackOfDiamonds

JackOfDiamonds Advanced Corn Hole Diver

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I think that is just a minimum requirement, when I went to have it done they just scheduled for me a month after.

Also I'm in a low priority group and everyone needs to come back for the 2nd shot, they probably did not have an appointment sooner

2. Storker

Storker ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    4656346-concept-for-the-idiom-of-a-open-can-of-worms.jpg

couv and Kimela like this.
  3. Kimela

Kimela Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I was on a therapist FB page and a bunch were saying they weren't going to get one because they wanted the people who 'really needed them' to get them first. And I know some folks who won't get them because they feel they are unnecessary.

4. Kimela

Kimela Regular of the Pub

The second shot for the Pfizer shot is 3 weeks later. The second shot for the Moderna is 4 weeks later. I don't know how much beyond the 3 and 4 weeks is acceptible.

5. CathyCA

CathyCA ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    My husband and I got our second Moderna jabs on Saturday. We felt ok for the first several hours and then he got hit hard. He was so fatigued that he could not stand or walk. On Sunday he fell down twice trying, stubborn. No broken bones or injuries. I helped him off the floor the first time and had to call a friend to help the second time. Today he is back to normal. I am still tired, probably partially from the stress of yesterday.

Glad to be done with it and looking forward to getting out more!

6. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Our local health department says 6 weeks additional delay after the initial 3 or 4-week wait is acceptable.

Kimela likes this.
  7. kmarks

kmarks Assistant Instructor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    There is absolutely no way I'm going to let them stick me with a needle and implant a Bill Gates designed tracking device. No, f-ing way.

But, yeah, I'm getting the COVID vaccine as soon as I can. Can't wait.

JackOfDiamonds likes this.
  8. drrich2

drrich2 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I've seen that attitude before; it doesn't take into account many doses are wasted because they expire without people who qualify there to get a dose. That's why my wife got a dose of Moderna; the Pharmacist was about to have to throw some out (and he'd been trying to coax an old man who qualified into accepting one; I don't think he did).

Second guessing the people who make the decisions on rollout eligibility adds indecision and chaos. Will the large number of unvaccinated eligible people in group B lead to authorities delaying opening up vaccinations to group C?

Kimela likes this.
  9. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

An all too common feeling, but then there are so many lies on the internet and in the news that I can understand the confusion. Yet more Americans have died from this illness than all of WWII. My son-in-law didn't take the threat seriously until he ended up waiting for an open hospital bed. He survived that ok, but the mother of my youngest great-grandchild who survived a less disabling bout at the same time says that she doesn't want the vaccine. I certainly hope that she changes that attitude, but I have met others.

My daughter has her second jab Friday so I went down to babysit the two great-grandkids they are raising when my son-in-law went to work early Saturday. I'm not much of a babysitter but I keep the wild ones essentially managed as she slept thru chills. My granddaughter's midnight wreck added to the challenges.

Capture.JPG

Esprise Me and davehicks like this.
  10. The Chairman

The Chairman Chairman of the Board Staff Member

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    He and Asimov are must-reads. I haven't read it since high school, so I might join you and reread it anew. Alan Dean Foster captures my imagination best, but he's mostly puns and fun: not near as many insights. I'll go months without reading and then I can't put the books down. My recent spate of shingles has wiped my ability to read or concentrate. I finally lost the dizzies, so I'm trying to read. I can gauge my rehab by doing crossword puzzles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.