• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Who's gotten the COVID vaccine? Who's planning to?

Discussion in 'Covid and pandemic discussions' started by Esprise Me, Jan 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathyCA

CathyCA ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I got my first Moderna shot today. Sore arm tonight. I was lucky to get an appointment after they opened it to 65 and older here. Looking forward to the next one and having more freedom.

Esprise Me likes this.
  2. apenland01

apenland01 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    First shot of Moderna nanobots was 1/18, sore arm for about 4 days. Second shot of nanobots scheduled for 2/11....

Esprise Me likes this.
  3. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Unfortunately, I'm in California, 48th out of 50 states in giving out vaccines. Even worse, I'm in Los Angeles County and not yet 65. It might not be until next year before I can get my first shot.

Esprise Me likes this.
  4. Esprise Me

Esprise Me Kelp forest dweller ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I'm so glad I got into the trial. As a healthy 37-year-old Angeleno, I would otherwise expect a long wait too. I hope the folks in charge get it together soon.

5. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

Unfortunately, the politicians decided to give vaccines to people who wear PPE and take every precaution when dealing with possible exposure rather than the people who are actually filling the ICUs and ramping up the numbers. There was no logical reason not to immunize the group that has the highest risks first.

6. apenland01

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted on scubaboard, and scubaboard is filled with dumb stuff. If the people who take of sick people get sick, who takes care of the sick people? People that work with sick people ARE the highest risk, not the people getting sick. Think about that.....

7. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Divemaster

The numbers disagree with you. More than 60% of the cases have been people 65 or older.

8. apenland01

You're spitting out useless and random statistics. More than 60% dead? More than 60% of total cases? More than 60% with severe symptoms? If someone is over 65 years of age, they should be limiting their exposure, not demanding vaccine, so they can go about living "normal" life.

The reality is there are limited doses of vaccine right now. There has to be priorities. Do you vaccinate 5 million frontline healthcare workers dealing with sick people everyday or 150 million "at risk people over 65"? Everyone who wants a vaccine will have a vaccine in the next 6-12 months. If you aren't a priority, simply protect yourself until it's your turn. Everyone over 65 in the US can get social security, so there's no need to work, go be around people, etc.

9. Dizzi Lizzi

Dizzi Lizzi ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    2nd shot of Moderna scheduled Jan 26th. Super sore arm after the first injection, like the shingles vacc (which I thought hurt more than tetanus) I am one of 2 persons in my office of 10 that took it when first offered. 3 persons in the week following my first vaccine have come down with covid. 1 young woman back in 10 days, 1 70 old with diabetes/obese back after 20 days. 1 young woman morbidly obese still out day 17.

apenland01 likes this.
  10. Scubagolf

Scubagolf ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Planning to at my earliest opportunity. Age 70, waiting for availability of first shot in my area of N. Calif.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.