Why am I getting 404 Errors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This morning, I updated a plugin on the site that was outdated and a security risk. This plugin is responsible for the URL Rewrites from ugly things like www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499437 into nice URL's like -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/equipment-and-accessories/499437-handheld-gps.html

While I've tried to make all of the settings between the old program and the new, there are some differences, and some pages may result in 404 (Page not found).

I can try to manage some of the 404 errors if I'm told about them (here) and can look for a new likes system.

For the likes... unfortunately, they were part of the old plugin which is horribly outdated, the company who made it is out of business, and was a security vulnerability for ScubaBoard. So at this point, I'm sorry to say that the likes have gone the way of the dodo.

Thanks.

You could bring thanks back ;-)

no more likes? how will i know that people find my posts funny? or maybe at least a little bit useful?

i think many people used the like feature to express "i agree" as well as the odd "thanks". so i feel it was a useful feature.

do you have a plan for a replacement?

I like that :rofl3:

This thread is to report issues with the update, and specifically URL's that are broken. If you want to complain about the loss of your likes, that can be done somewhere else. Subsequent posts regarding the likes system and other off-topic comments will be removed.

I am not censoring the discussion about the likes... but it's a non-issue. I am trying to help people who may get error 404's as I'd like to resolve them. Needless to say. It makes it much more difficult to keep track of things (from a support perspective) with off-topic comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

likes are back! i think this happened about 10 minutes ago - i got a very polite looking screen with a nasty database has gone away type of error when trying to submit my post above. and now i notice likes show up.

thanks.

Here's one. Going back to this from a thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?searchid=27702182 yielded: (this is the number of times it repeated)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/zephyr/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom