Why are so many folks selling their Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because the screen is so small you cannot read it? Well, most of us older divers have this problem, even with prescription lenses.

Perdix is more readable than Teric. Screen is very nice and sharper of the Teric, but it is smaller.

Also, it needs regular charging. That's not difficult, but it's more cumbersome than droppig in a AA every 35 dives.

I dive a Teric, but these are the two things which differ the most for me. Teric has advantages as well, it's my holiday watch, I used it for training in the pool etc..

I couldn’t see the perdix any better than the Teric, in fact I can more easily read the Teric’s much sharper screen because the contrast is better. I even use the standard layout to get more info.

I find recharging much simpler that packing around a spare battery but the AA of the perdix is a great feature.

Having just purchased the Perdix, I chose it over the Teric for battery and screen size.

The teric's a great computer. I specifically bought it as a backup to my rebreather's shearwater. I had a predator as a backup but wanted something smaller since i basically never look at the backup. I really miss my predator's screen but don't miss the size. The teric is great for what it is. If I only was going to have one computer it would be a perdix or petrel. I find fiddling through menus and seeing everything just isn't as easy as those other computers. Though the teric screen is much better than competitors of it's size. If I was just an OW diver the teric would be fine. Since most of my diving includes decompression, flipping through screens fast is more important and its just not as fast with the teric

Never used either of the two but right now the Perdix is cheaper than the Teric online so its a hands-down winner...

P

Never used either of the two but right now the Perdix is cheaper than the Teric online so its a hands-down winner...

P
I guess the Perdix AI has always been a few hundred $ cheaper than the Teric (at least in Canada the list price is CAD200 cheaper, and dealers seem to follow that). Did you mean something more than the difference in list price?

d

To the OP, I have not seen very many Terics for sale.

I have the Perdix AI. I bought it right before the Teric was released. I really like the bungee mount feature that comes standard with the Perdix (along with straps) and the larger screen and buttons. Not sure if bungee straps are included with the Teric? I have seen aftermarket kits.

Back
Top Bottom