Why are some tanks more expensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So an LDS may charge for a VIP on the tanks they sell also. LeisurePro only collects sales tax in New York so that is additional savings.

I suspect it all depends in what they think they can get away with on a case by case basis. Personally I'd tell them where to go.

Personally I just picked up two tanks off craigslist for $20. The valves were junk but I wanted to go DIN any ways due to my Hog D1 1st stage. After that and Hydro/VIP I'm going to be in for $100 each tank. That said, as much as I dive, I might have been better off spending the apx $200 at my LDS and get free fills for a year.

There's no way an AL80 is worth $269.95, regardless of what kind of valve comes with it ... that's either a typo or a ripoff ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

shop around locally a little more. I got a brand new AL80 at a shop that was getting out of scuba for $130, then this weekend my regular shop got in a couple of used tanks and I picked one up fresh off of hydro for $150 with free fills for one 1 year. I have had it filled 3 times already so this tank should more than pay for itself and probably my other tank too!

One word: LeisurePro.

---------- Post Merged at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:22 PM ----------

LeisurePro ships the tanks for free.

Buy your tanks at a local dive shop. You won't have to pay for shipping, and you help the local business. I'll gladly pay extra to buy it locally and not have to wait.

How much does Leisure Pro charge for air fills???

I live in az and refuse to shop at the lds because they want 12 a fill plus everything is 4 times as much than the dive shop I use is west Los Angeles I got to every time I make a trip back home. And there I get free fills forever since I bought my tank there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

$12 a fill? Holy cow! My LDS charges $8 for a pre-filled tank rental, plus $4 a fill. Half that if you're a scuba club member ($25/year).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom